Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BANNED

Country
    See Strasburg37Nationals's Items on eBay

Newbie Auto Collector Riddell Mini Helmet Question

Hi everyone,

This year I would like to start collecting riddell mini helmts autographed. I had some questions though

What kind of marker do i want to use if i get them in person ?

Sharpie ?

Also I know for cards blue sharpie is most popular but how bout for these helmets i have seen many silver and black ink

What is the best long term as far as value and fading etc.

Thanks for any help

Dr B

SCF Rewards
    Country

Depends on the helmet. As for me living near Eagles Camp i've had a lot experience with this. For the current Eagles helmet, I use the silver, looks great. On the throwback eagles helmet which is more like a normal green I use black. I haven't had them for more than a few years but both are holding up great.

BANNED

Country

thanks so much tpotts

so on dark helmets silver paint pen and on light color black sharpie marker ?

i just moved from philly to san diego so im dealing with chargers helmets

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks so much tpotts

so on dark helmets silver paint pen and on light color black sharpie marker ?

i just moved from philly to san diego so im dealing with chargers helmets

Sure thing man! Yeah, for the darker helmet i use the silver sharpie, on the lighter i use black sharpie.

Also, not me personally, but ive seen people use a gold marker on dark helmet which looked amazing. Maybe something you'd like to try.

BANNED

Country

ok i will think about that, i have used the gold sharpie ink pens on the special addition rawlings major league black baseballs , thats really amazing but never saw it on a helmet !

thanks again for all your help !

SCF Rewards
    Country

ok i will think about that, i have used the gold sharpie ink pens on the special addition rawlings major league black baseballs , thats really amazing but never saw it on a helmet !

thanks again for all your help !

Yeah especially on the chargers helmets with the golden logo i would think it would turn out pretty sweet! But yeah sure thing man, glad to help!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (93)
    Country

I try not to use regular sharpie colors on minis at all unless its like all white or something like that, they will fade but only if you keep them in sunlight and displayed, all the time, thats on you though. Silver goes with just about everything and so does gold. Your choice though, look in my bucket it might help you a little bit, I hope.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Cratch26's Items on eBay

I use regular Sharpies on my mini helmets and they look fine, but I also keep them out of the sunlight because I have heard many tales about blue Sharpie fading as the years go on. I like to just match colors as best I can for the team that I have. I like the way blue looks on the Cowboys and Colts helmets, and I like black on the 49ers and HOF helmets. I really like the way gold looks on the Steelers helmets, but I have seen many examples of the pen not being right, or the player trying to sign too quickly and then it looks terrible because the pen wasn't in contact with the helmet the whole way through. All in all, I think you've made an excellent choice in deciding to get helmets signed!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (93)
    Country

LG is right in some cases, but like I said take a glimpse at my bucket and you will see what iam talking about

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Cratch26's Items on eBay

LG is right in some cases, but like I said take a glimpse at my bucket and you will see what iam talking about

I do really like silver though. I have a Redskins mini that has silver on it, and it's really nice.