Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

Just how ignorant is Michele Bachmann....

In 2006, she argued against an antibullying bill, saying at the time:

"I think for all us our experience in public schools is there have always been bullies, always have been, always will be. I just don't know how we're ever going to get to point of zero tolerance and what does it mean? ... What will be our definition of bullying? Will it get to the point where we are completely stifling free speech and expression? Will it mean that what form of behavior will there be—will we be expecting boys to be girls?"

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...154953090.html

This woman has serious issues. Who backs scum like this?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

I've heard of slippery slope fallacies, but this takes it to a whole new level.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

In 2006, she argued against an antibullying bill, saying at the time:

" I think for all us our experience in public schools is there have always been bullies, always have been, always will be.I just don't know how we're ever going to get to point of zero tolerance and what does it mean? ... What will be our definition of bullying? Will it get to the point where we are completely stifling free speech and expression? Will it mean that what form of behavior will there be—will we be expecting boys to be girls?"

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...154953090.html

This woman has serious issues. Who backs scum like this?

Really?!?!?!
    Let's break this down....
    "I think for all us our experience in public schools is there have always been bullies, always have been, always will be." Can you argue this?

"I just don't know how we're ever going to get to point of zero tolerance and what does it mean?" Zero tolerance standards are a slippery slope by themselves...if you back xero tolerances you must agree with California's 3 strike law where someone with 2 convictions can go to jail for life after a 3rd conviction. ZERO TOLERANCE there. How can this be done? If a kid laughs at another kid because he's fat or wearing ratty clothes this would fall under Zero tolerence in some eyes.

Will it get to the point where we are completely stifling free speech and expression? Public schools preach and teach more liberal standards that private schools. So if a kid in a class says "I believe that illegal aliens should be deported and there is an illegal isn't that bullying?

Will it mean that what form of behavior will there be—will we be expecting boys to be girls?" ™™™...I have no clue what this means!

While I am not in the Bachmann supporter I can't unterstand how you get scum from this quote.

I'm still trying to understand why she is a Tea Party favorite as he family benefits from both farm subsidies and Medicaid/Medicare programs.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I think it more logic than anything. You simply can not watch every kid all the time. Bullying will happen. If not on the playground then in the bathroom...or in bus hall...or on the bus...or at the bus stop...or at the park. Total elimination is virtually impossible.

At some point in time the bullied kid has to stand up for themselves. I was bullied all of elementary school and part of middle school until I beat a kid senseless in front of the entire school. I was never bullied again.

For the record, what is the definition of bullying? If a kid feels intimidated does that automatically make it bullying? If somebody laughs at another kid does that qualify as bullying? Subjectiveness makes it difficult to define.

I realize that there are cases where it is over the top and needs to be dealt with. But how much teaching will teachers get done if they are constantly being the social patrolmen ? How about the parents teach their kids to be a better person for a change instead of the government employees doing the parents jobs?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

What is wrong with what she said?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

But he added that anti-gay rhetoric like Bachmann's can "negatively impact" kids who are already at risk.

So apprently if you speak out against homosexuality it is anti-gay rhetoric. Personally I think that entire article is full of anti-intellect rhetoric...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

I think it more logic than anything. You simply can not watch every kid all the time. Bullying will happen. If not on the playground then in the bathroom...or in bus hall...or on the bus...or at the bus stop...or at the park. Total elimination is virtually impossible.

At some point in time the bullied kid has to stand up for themselves. I was bullied all of elementary school and part of middle school until I beat a kid senseless in front of the entire school. I was never bullied again.

For the record, what is the definition of bullying? If a kid feels intimidated does that automatically make it bullying? If somebody laughs at another kid does that qualify as bullying? Subjectiveness makes it difficult to define.

I realize that there are cases where it is over the top and needs to be dealt with. But how much teaching will teachers get done if they are constantly being the social patrolmen ? How about the parents teach their kids to be a better person for a change instead of the government employees doing the parents jobs?

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I was bullied all of elementary school and part of middle school until I beat a kid senseless in front of the entire school.

Go Duane!! :fighting0049::fighting0049:
    What is wrong with what she said?

Wondering the same thing.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Go Duane!! :fighting0049::fighting0049:

LOL

I should add that I do not advocate fighting and have made it clear to all 3 of my kids that if they ever start a fight then they will have to face daddy when they get home. So far, so good.

By the same measure, I also teach my kids that if they are defending themselves against another that they should not hesitate to defend themselves to the maximum.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

Because taking the "oh we will never solve it so road is both pathetic and cowardly" You face it and solve the issue not let it slide.

And by beating up the bully do you not in turn become the bully?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Because taking the "oh we will never solve it so road is both pathetic and cowardly" You face it and solve the issue not let it slide.

And by beating up the bully do you not in turn become the bully?

Not at all.

And she is right. We never will solve it. So why watse millions trying to?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast