Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mjknight75's Items on eBay
    Member is PayPal Verified

Picking up a Mantle ball today (would like opinions on grading)

I'm SO EXCITED today because I will be picking up a Mickey Mantle ball from a long time friend who runs a hobby shop in my city. This Mantle ball is one of the cleanest I have seen along with the ball it's on. I have had him holding it for a month until today I finally have all the money for it. I plan to send it to PSA / DNA for grading and the LOA. I will post pics when I get it home and would just like to know what people think it will grade at. I have my own idea but want to hear others also who have a nice eye and knowledge for grading. Pics later today!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here it is:

Transferred Feedback
    TCC (60)
    Country
    See 24lakersfranchise24's Items on eBay

It is really clean. Would be interested what PSA/DNA will say about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

While we are at it, I would like you guys to give opinions on my DiMaggio ball that I will be sending to PSA/DNA also.

Transferred Feedback
    TCC (60)
    Country
    See 24lakersfranchise24's Items on eBay

Joe Dimaggio is way nice! Good luck on the PSA/DNA Grade!

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is really clean. Would be interested what PSA/DNA will say about it.

Joe Dimaggio is way nice! Good luck on the PSA/DNA Grade!

Thanks buddy, I would just die if they both or just one for that matter came back a GM MNT 10! But 9's are probably more to be expected..

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here is a DiMaggio on the bay that is PSA graded a 8.5 for christ sake and just look at the start of the M. It's not even all the way on the ball and the smear or whatever that is and it gets a 8.5 ?!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/DIMAGGIO-JOE-OAL...item1c1d2aa29c

SCF Rewards
    Country

Got a question: What if the Mickey Mantle and Joe DiMaggio autographed baseballs do not come back as 'authentic'? I'm not saying they're not authentic.... just saying WHAT IF?

I'm asking because there's a risk we take when it comes to authenticating autographed memorabilia. It's a tricky and skeptical business. I'm just curious what made you so sure that the baseballs you bought were actually signed by Mickey Mantle and Joe DiMaggio?

I know you got the Mickey Mantle a few days ago. Curious about its history. And how about the Joe DiMaggio? When did you get that one?

SCF Rewards
    Country

RedHottG2: You might be interested in checking this website regarding the "Mickey Mantle" autographed baseball:

http://www.theswearingens.com/mick/autos.htm

SCF Rewards
    Country

Got a question: What if the Mickey Mantle and Joe DiMaggio autographed baseballs do not come back as 'authentic'? I'm not saying they're not authentic.... just saying WHAT IF?

I'm asking because there's a risk we take when it comes to authenticating autographed memorabilia. It's a tricky and skeptical business. I'm just curious what made you so sure that the baseballs you bought were actually signed by Mickey Mantle and Joe DiMaggio?

I know you got the Mickey Mantle a few days ago. Curious about its history. And how about the Joe DiMaggio? When did you get that one?

These are all good questions, the reason I bought both these balls was mainly because of auto and ball condition after months of looking for the right balls for the price. These were both bought from Bankston's Comics and Cards here in Waco, TX. The owner Brent has been in business for over 30+ years at the same location and is a personal friend of mine since I was a young kid coming into the shop. He stands behind his collectibles and would/will give me a full refund if either or both did not pas PSA/DNA (great guy). I will not be sending to PSA until October-Novemberish because it is so hot here in Texas that I don't want to send them out in the heat at this time.

RedHottG2: You might be interested in checking this website regarding the "Mickey Mantle" autographed baseball:

http://www.theswearingens.com/mick/autos.htm

Thanks for the link, honestly I can see some same and different characteristics with my signature from the site. Again, the reason I started this post is because I'm not the best when it comes to grading and authenticating on my own (needed opinions). So SportsLover do you maybe not think one or both is real ? Answer honestly, I will not get upset that's why I started the thread. I guess I really won't know till a couple of months but I sure hope they are real because of the condition. Good thing is though that I would not be out any money if they turn out not to be. But to be honest with you I think they are because of Brent's experience and he has bought/sold hundreds of them in the past..

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast