Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See avenue21's Items on eBay

I want "below ebay only" or im not buying?

Anyone else tired of seeing these posts? Really? You want me to sell you my card for less then whats its worth?

Nothing can be sold here for the most part because people want to rape you for a "deal". I understand if youre buying a lot getting a better deal on the price because youre spending more money, but sometimes its outrageous.

I just read a thread in football section where a person said they are looking for someone "desperate" for paypal and wants to spend "well" below ebay.

These same people then turn around and sell stuff for above ebay prices half the time, lol.

maybe its just me though.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers

i agree with you, thats why i have decided to get out of the hobby after 40 years! to many cheap people in this hobby. ive come to the conclusion that people want cards for FREE! more and more and i becoming convinced that this hobby is like playing a slot machine in vegas, you might hit the jackpot occasionally, but in the end you put way more in than you will ever get out of it. what irritates me is, what the heck am i going to do with all my cards, its not worth me spending the time to package an item if im only making $1-2 dollars profit, but then on the other hand it would be insane to throw away cards, just to throw away cards. my all time favorite was when a collector here offered me $1.50 dlvd for a clayton kershaw auto, which means that after i pay $1.50 to ship it, he gets the card for FREE! The nerve of some people! so what does someone do when people want to pay pennies for their cards , so i dont want to sell them for pennies, but i also dont want to stare at boxes and boxes of cards. and i dont want to donate cards because they are worth "something" i tried ebay but cards arent selling for much on ebay anymore....any suggestions?
    Last edited by RGM81; 08-06-2011 at 07:56 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i agree with you, thats why i have decided to get out of the hobby after 40 years!

Don't let some dirtbags on here that want something for nothing get you out of the hobby. Keep plugging away; that is, if you still enjoy it.

Amen to this thread, I used to come on here to sell some things here in there to put back into the hobby--everyone wanted to get the greatest deal in the history of man. Now, I am one to haggle a little bit myself, but there's something that really irks me about some people who hover this board and contact you out of thin air asking about something in your photobucket (whether or not advertised for sale) and then quote a price that is well below ebay on it.

A lot of the considerations mentioned by the above-posters have led me to sale on Ebay--I would rather eat the paypal fees than deal with the constant begging.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sp0odini's Items on eBay

And that's what I've been doing. I even sell for a very small amount below eBay and they want even lower. So I just sell it on eBay and get the same price I offered (including fees). I don't bother anymore with the people who ask for cards at a huge discount to what it's worth. In the end, I want my moneys worth so I can continue with the hobby, I'm not a charity.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It's an interesting trend that I've noticed in the past few years. When I got back into the hobby, the "standard" was people selling for half-book. Over time, as the eBay market grew and people got suspicious of Beckett's pricing, there was a gradual shift to a mix/compromise between half-book and eBay pricing. Then, people decided that they were still paying too much, and went to eBay-only pricing...usually offering at the lowest sale price they could find. If ten copies of a card sold for $12, they found the one that went for $6 and offered that as the price.

Another thing that I find interesting is that people do not factor in the shipping costs of various sellers when they present you with an offer. So not only are they taking that $6 sale as their guide, they're not looking at the fact that the seller charges $4 for shipping. So it's not an offer of $10 dlvd., it's an offer of $6 dlvd. on a card that usually sells for $12 plus s/h.

With these trends, it's not entirely surprising that many long-time sellers are throwing up their hands in frustration. I've been there as recently as a week ago when I had arrived at the unfortunate but necessary decision of selling some PC cards. But you must have to persevere - for every five low offers that you pass on, it only takes one person who thinks that you are in fact being reasonable to complete the sale.

Good luck to everybody out there trying to make sales!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (29)
    Country
    See js19087's Items on eBay

I agree i cant sell anything i will work with people but like you said they want to rape you!!!! Good thread!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See skyride39's Items on eBay

i like this thread, thank you for sharing.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

I know many people would gladly sell below eBay for a few reasons.

1. Better dispute team here than eBay/Paypal. It is worth it to lose a buck or two to have real people look at disputes (both sides) instead of just siding with the buyer.

2. It is worth it for you to sell here than on eBay because of all of the fees. Even though you are selling below eBay on here, you could still make more than if you did sell on eBay.

3. You have plenty of people who are willing to send as gift (which I highly disagree with, but oh well), eliminating all fees. Not many eBay buyers will do that.

If you guys dont want to sell on here..... then don't do it. The hobby is supposed to be fun. Of course people are looking to get good deals. The hobby turned into too much of a business. Sellers wanting top buck.

What happened to when the hobby was about helping people out and not caring what you get in return?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

The trick to selling cards is to never sell out of desperation,as that's when the sharks will move in.I find if I have a reasonable price eventually the right buyer will come along,yes I have to say thanks but no thanks to alot of offers,but if what they're willing to pay isn't in my ballpark I have no problem not accepting.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers

its not the point of helping people out as mentioned before , its the issue of people "preying" on others on this board and taking advantage of others. people here know darn well what they are doing, but they act stupid and innocent. there are some really good sharks here..thats how they make their living but screwing people here. an example is. i had one person here send me a message begging and pleading that they needed the"hottest" card in my bucket for their pc and promised if i sold it to them they would keep it in their pc "forever" so even though i could of sold this card on ebay and got tons of money of one of the hottest players in the game at the time, i traded it for just about nothing, calling myself helping someone get a card for their pc that they needed, guess what??? 2 weeks later, this person put the same card up on ebay (i know because it was serialed numbered #1/10) the card sold for hundreds of dollars and i learned a lesson about people here. now with that said, there are ALOT of good guys here and good people that i trade with. some are very close friends. but there are also a ton of people that are just looking to take advantage of people, everyone that has a clue about this hobby knows what is right and what is wrong in offering a fair price. i had someone just the other day send me a message saying your card has a bv of $25, but ill give you $5 dlvd for it... come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! everyone will sell you a card, no one will buy your cards...its sad but our hobby is going down hill very fast.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast