Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Showing Off Cards

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Showing Off Cards

I find this very odd.

Thread and threads and threads of people showing-off cards shouting Look at me !!, and none of them discuss Hockey.

Are they fans of the game, or fans of Showing-off cards? I've always wondered that. I cannot be bothered, all that work scanning and pretending.

Hockey Chat - 10,055 (There's only about 25 of us on this thread) Lol

Hockey Card Talk - 8,173

Show & Tell - 9,117

Last edited by centrehice; 03-09-2012 at 09:01 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Bruins New England Patriots Boston Red Sox
    See jimmcnulty1990's Items on eBay

It's a sports card forum.

BANNED

Country

When you are a Hockey Guy, it's still all about The Game.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

When you are a Hockey Guy, it's still all about The Game.

then go to either tsn.ca, nhl.com or espn.com's hockey message boards. This is sportscardforum.com, where the focus of this site is more about cards people collect, buy, sell, showoff, etc. The main purpose of this site is for collectors trading cards, not merely to chat about the sport

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Bruins New England Patriots Boston Red Sox
    See jimmcnulty1990's Items on eBay

I'm a life long hockey fan myself. I love the game and I love discussing the game but you have to remember this site is for discussing hockey cards, so you're going to see a lot of people showing off their favorite cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See oilfan10's Items on eBay

Part of the hobby to many people is sharing what you enjoy with others. If I'm happy and excited about a card I picked up, I would want to share my enjoyment with others who can relate to my excitement. There's nothing wrong with that.

Personally, no one in my family besides my uncle and I care about hockey cards, so I don't bother showing them. Sports CARD forums like these give others like me a chance to communicate with others about the common interest of collecting sports cards.

Just because others don't post about the game of hockey on SCF doesn't mean they're not a fan of the game. They could be posting on other forums that are strictly hockey, and use SCF as a means of trading and interacting with others about card collecting. I talk to my friends and family about the game, and occasionally post here, but my main focus on SCF is hockey cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I enjoy collecting and when I get something nice I like to share it and let everybody see my new additions. I don't really come to this part of the forum as I don't really discuss hockey I'm a Wings fan and I follow Wings hockey, other than the Wings I know maybe 20% of whats happening elsewhere around the league so I don't come here to discuss and make myself look stupid.

Heck I just found out yesterday about the Kassian Hodgson trade lol (I must live under a rock or something).

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some people merely collect cards, some people only like the game, some people like both. I can understand your confusion on the matter though. It is sort of weird for people to collect or show off cards to a sport they aren't affiliated with, not even as a fan.

SCF Rewards
    Country

There are other forums for hockey talk. I like HFBoards for NHL discussion. Also, I'm a goalie so I like to check out Goalie Store to discuss the specific aspects of our game. I'm really only on here for the card aspect.

BANNED

Country

I was more wanting an answer to the mentality of how some just constantly scan and show, scan and show. That requires a ton of effort. Not trying to start a Dung-fight.

Last edited by centrehice; 03-09-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast