Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Dodger Fan
    I collect Baseball, Football, NASCAR, Basketball, and Hockey, in that order. I have collected baseball and football since 1975, starting when I was 10. I don't collect much basketball or hockey, mostly just collecting players from the teams I follow.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by Dodger Fan
    I collect Baseball, Football, NASCAR, Basketball, and Hockey, in that order. I have collected baseball and football since 1975, starting when I was 10. I don't collect much basketball or hockey, mostly just collecting players from the teams I follow.

An all around collector. And a seasoned vet at that. Cool deal!

Welcome to the Forum Dodger Fan! Thanks for posting. :D

BGray

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thegunzz's Items on eBay

Football & Basketball collecting since 90's (slowly getting rid of them though) and now doing mostly graded (beckett 9.5 & up) and e-topps only.

SCF Rewards
    See mantleman777's Items on eBay

vintage baseball, football, hockey
    graded baseball rookies
    2001 baseball etopps

copper69
    Baseballl and etopps.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Originally posted by thegunzz
    Football & Basketball collecting since 90's (slowly getting rid of them though) and now doing mostly graded (beckett 9.5 & up) and e-topps only.

Beckett really pisses me off with their grading... I did get a Pristine Shawn Green rookie though, it's only worth $100 though, but it's nice to say I own a Pristine.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Correct me if I am wrong-Pristine BGS 10 as far as price guide is actually what someone would pay for it. It is way above Gem which all the price guides have. They have not listed Pristine for it is so rare and desirable. Still looking for one myself.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kingpinlc's Items on eBay

baseball for me, some basketball in the past... but now strictly baseball cards and memorabilia. I am big on BGS & PSA cards too

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kingpinlc's Items on eBay

thegunzz... I'm a collector of BGS cards... not sure I follow your question though?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not an expert in BGS grading but it is all I use and will not switch grading companies. I have not/never seen a Pristine, but have had a Gem (BGS 9.5 that is).

I have read though under the "Graded card Price Guide" around page 80 or so in Beckett mag and on-line the highest the grade goes as far as the listings are is Gem BGS 9.5. A Pristine BGS 10 under the narrative "are rarely seen" and to price one you would have to use some multiple (depending on the player, year, and type of card) above Gem but will not be in the listings.

You can also notice that PSA doesn't even have Pristine and SGC rating for Pristine is 100 (rarely seen also).

So basically if you have a BGS 10 - Pristine you can get whatever you want or what the buyer will pay for it is so rare.

I hope that is clearer (is this a word?) As I said not an expert, but you have a rarety in a Pristine and don't let it go to willingly.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast