Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

What good has he accomplished?

Anyone?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

Annnnnnnnddddd, crickets lol........may be the shortest thread in the forum ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Haha, hold your horses, I'm preparing a response.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants

Haha, hold your horses, I'm preparing a response.

lol, well at least you are one of the sensible ones that can hold a discussion.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

How about troop withdrawal in Iraq? Oh wait a minute aren't you guys in favor of this unjust and illegal war? I guess that you won't accept that. What about attempting to provide health care for the uninsured? Your beloved republican party put a stop to that. What about providing stimilus money for the states? Hmm aren't the states that complained the loudest against the stimulus were the first ones with their hands out. Coincidently they were the ones with republican govenors. It looks like when President Obama tries to do what's right by this country a republican or several of them for that matter always has a problem with it. SMH
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

lol, well at least you are one of the sensible ones that can hold a discussion.

No kidding.

SCF Rewards
    Country

- Created the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Just now really getting its footing (no clue why he hasn't appointed Elizabeth Warren to head this though). Should crack down on predatory lending.

- I know this from personal experience, he's really helped protect college students. He's helped expand the amount of time needed to pay loans, and has worked hard to try to keep interest rates in check. Rates SKYROCKETED in Bush's second term (My first Stafford loan in 2005 was at 2.4%, my last one in 2009 was at 6.6%). He's also significantly increased Pell grants, designed for smart young kids who could have trouble paying for college.

- Signed a Nuclear Arms Reduction Treaty with Russia (which after the end of the Cold War, was absolutely necessary)

- Just passed a new fuel emissions standards. If you buy a new car after 2025, it will now get 55 MPG or more.

- The Lily Ledbetter Act- ensuring fair pay for women (believe it or not, women still make about 30% less than men for doing the same jobs)

- He's actually cut taxes for small businesses (I work in one, I've seen it.)

- He did authorize the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, and has killed just about as many top al-Qaeda officers as Bush did in 8 years.

That's just some of the things I feel he's done right. I haven't been a fan of everything he's done, like some people claim to be. I hate that he extended the Bush tax plan, hasn't closed Guantanamo, the stimulus package needed to be better appropriated (though there was unmatched transparency of where it went), among other things. But he's not all bad, people.

SCF Rewards
    Country

haha, thanks fellas.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants

How about troop withdrawal in Iraq? Oh wait a minute aren't you guys in favor of this unjust and illegal war? I guess that you won't accept that. What about attempting to provide health care for the uninsured? Your beloved republican party put a stop to that. What about providing stimilus money for the states? Hmm aren't the states that complained the loudest against the stimulus were the first ones with their hands out. Coincidently they were the ones with republican govenors. It looks like when President Obama tries to do what's right by this country a republican or several of them for that matter always has a problem with it. SMH

Taxman, I'll let you handle this one as I've discussed all this before and it doesn't resonate. Maybe a different perspective will help.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

How about troop withdrawal in Iraq? Oh wait a minute aren't you guys in favor of this unjust and illegal war? I guess that you won't accept that.

I am in favor of pulling out of both Iraq and Afghanistan. You would know this if you had actually been interested in discussing the topic as opposed to projecting what you think I believe onto me.

What about attempting to provide health care for the uninsured? Your beloved republican party put a stop to that.

Attempting to provide health care for the uninsured is a noble cause, but it must be accomplished affordably, transparently, and Constitutionally. The President has failed on all fronts.

What about providing stimilus money for the states? Hmm aren't the states that complained the loudest against the stimulus were the first ones with their hands out. Coincidently they were the ones with republican govenors.

Can you substantiate this claim?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast