Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Interesting read on Rick Perry

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...ef=NetworkNews

Yes.... He created jobs, but I think the rest of this stuff cancels it out.

t has the fourth-highest poverty rate of any state. It tied with Mississippi last year for the highest percentage of workers in minimum-wage jobs. It ranks first in adults without high school diplomas. Twenty-six percent of Texans have no health insurance — the highest percentage of medically uninsured residents of any state. It leads the nation in the percentage of children who lack medical insurance.

This year, though, when confronted with a $27 billion budget deficit, Perry did not raise taxes but instead slashed $4 billion from K-12 schools.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

The more I read, the more I'm convinced there are better options out there for Republicans.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The more I read, the more I'm convinced there are better options out there for Republicans.

Ron Paul

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

I would imagine that the huge immigrant issue would have alot to do with everything you just listed. Just a guess but that would make sense....
    On the schools, I believe they have some of the top in the nation if you dig deep into stats. Money doesn't solve the problems.
    Last edited by sanfran22; 08-17-2011 at 10:13 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would imagine that the huge immigrant issue would have alot to do with everything you just listed. Just a guess but that would make sense....
    On the schools, I believe they have some of the top in the nation if you dig deep into stats. Money doesn't solve the problems.

But you can't argue how bad their HS graduation rate is. A few top schools don't make a lick of difference if the other 99% suck.

SCF Rewards
    Country

http://education.usnews.rankingsandr...old-medal-list

11 out of the top 100. But you also have to remember that Texas is one of the largest states. More kids=more schools. Half of the schools suck.

SCF Rewards
    Country

but you can't argue how bad their hs graduation rate is. A few top schools don't make a lick of difference if the other 99% suck.

+1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

http://education.usnews.rankingsandr...old-medal-list

11 out of the top 100. But you also have to remember that Texas is one of the largest states. More kids=more schools. Half of the schools suck.

Again, look at the immigration issue. Just seems to paint a bigger picture. I'll find the article that broke down the big picture......

SCF Rewards
    Country

Again, look at the immigration issue. Just seems to paint a bigger picture.

And so instead of helping expand the school system to fix that issue and get more kids learning he cuts $4,000,000,000 from the budget. Got it, makes perfect sense.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Again, look at the immigration issue. Just seems to paint a bigger picture. I'll find the article that broke down the big picture......

The article andrewhoya posted touches on this. The gap between test scores on the White-Blacks-Hispanics is not as large in Texas as it is in other states, which would defeat a bit of the immigration theory.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast