Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Pittsburgh Pirates TTM update

Hey guys, I sent to Neil Walker a few weeks ago, and today I got back a preprint along with a solicitation for a donation to Pirates Charities.

It appears that they are doing the same thing that the Detroit Tigers are doing- the autographs for a cause thing.

Just wanted to let you guys know so you don't waste stamps.

I will say they at least had the decency to pay return postage- my original SASE was inside their envelope along with my unsigned item and the preprint. So at least I can re-use that stuff.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (46) Trader Retreat
    Country

NOTE: The Neil Walker promo card w/ this info notes that it is a contribution of your choice. I might resend mine from ST that also came back today.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What would you send? I can't imagine donating to get Neil Walker's autograph more than a dollar or something ridiculous.

Does that mean if I send a 5 dollar donation that Andrew McCutchen might sign you think?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (46) Trader Retreat
    Country

I was wanting to get my 2010 A&G RC signed, so $1/$2 would be a fair price for me.

But to answer your question - not exactly. It is not safe to assume that all Pirates players all have this same policy. I would send something to McCutchen first, see if you get the info back, read it carefully, and then re-send if appropriate. This way you are not out $5 if he won't be signing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's a good idea. I think I will definitely try that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ah shoot...I bet I have the same thing sitting in my mailbox. Guess I'll find out when I get home.

Lesson learned. I have been procrastinating on sending to him since last season.

Until I get mine, is there contact information on the letter. I believe the Rockies have a phone number to make inquiries, and I am wondering if the Pirates have the same. That way we might get a rundown of who is partaking in this cause.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No phone number beyond the main team number, just a mailing address. Also, I tried googling it and met with no success.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I got the same pre-print today, I guess the Pirates are so poor they need to reach out to their 5 fans for money.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Pirates had like $25M in operating profit and received over $30M from revenue sharing last season....they don't have money problems, they are just cheap.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know I'm just being facetious, stupid things like this just kind of tick me off.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast