Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Country

Country

And just for arguments sake - Ill put Orr above Crosby

Im really not thinking about Orrs position, but more so if you guy guys think Crosby is in a class with those guys

My standpoint - yes, 100% yes.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bjblois's Items on eBay

Great video, and interesting to read all of the opinions on these kind of threads.
    I'm with you Sidthekid87, definitely one of the best ever. Not everybody may think so, but we are all entitled to believe what we want. Crosby and Orr both make my top 10 of all time (but, imo, there is only one Great One hahaha)

Country

Great video, and interesting to read all of the opinions on these kind of threads.
    I'm with you Sidthekid87, definitely one of the best ever. Not everybody may think so, but we are all entitled to believe what we want. Crosby and Orr both make my top 10 of all time (but, imo, there is only one Great One hahaha)

I just have a hard time not putting him in that class

With Lebron james, its easy to point why he doesn't belong in the class of jordan - he doesn't have the leadership ability and he simply isn't clutch in big games.

However, I think there is an excessive amount of resistance to put modern players in the "greatest of all time class", which I don't understand.

Who cares if "this guy is old and retired" while this guy is "new and playing". Just because a player is an old time great doesn't mean he is automatically better than a modern great.

Country

A quote from a toronto columnist:

"Why would Crosby risk an invalid's life in order to return to a game he has already conquered?" Kelly wrote. "His trophy case is full. He has a championship ring and an Olympic gold medal. He's been league MVP, leading scorer and the consensus best player in the game. He's only 24 and his hall-of-fame bonafides are beyond questioning. His material needs are settled for a dozen lifetimes."

I mean really - when has a TWENTY FOUR year old player, in the history of the game, been touted a bonafide hall of famer

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Orr was touted a Hall of Famer after his first 20 games.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Actually, Doug Harvey changed the way Defence was played by mixing in offence and rushes. Orr just took it to a completely new level/orbit.

Orr changed the way the game was played. No other player has done that in the game's history.

If you weren't alive to see it, then I feel for you because when he changed the game, it was as if time stood still.

I still remember standing in front of the Black and White Zenith as a 11 year old and saying to my Dad......"What Orr just did, Is that legal?"

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Harvey didn't go deep into the slot on the PowerPlay, that is what separates him from Orr.

He carried the puck up ice offensively, rather than head-maning, , and but he didn't control slot, and crease activity like Orr did.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So like I said.... took it to a new level.

Harvey was the first of his kind. That style just wasn't allowed by coaches and many guys that tried it were seen as too big of risks and never played in the NHL because of it. Orr should write him a thank you letter.

Harvey didn't go deep into the slot on the PowerPlay, that is what separates him from Orr.

He carried the puck up ice offensively, rather than head-maning, , and but he didn't control slot, and crease activity like Orr did.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

To answer the OP's question ... maybe. To suggest he is in the top 5 is ludicrous. As it stands now, he wouldn't be in my top 25, maybe not even in a top 50.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast