Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dscards33's Items on eBay

Unique Walter Payton Piece

I've had this piece for a while and it's easily the favorite thing in my collection.

Flashback to a few years ago:
    I got a phone call from my uncle. Our conversation went as follows...
    "Have you ever heard of Walter Payton?"
    "Yes, of course"
    "Would you like his autograph? I know someone selling one"
    "How much?"
    "Thirty bucks"

The 'if it's too good to be true' mantra ran through my head. My uncle doesn't collect autographs, so he had no idea if it was genuine or not. I figured, heck, it's only thirty bucks and told him to get it.

The back story on the piece according to the woman who sold it to my uncle:
    Her mom was a flight attendant on a flight the Chicago Bears were on to a game. Payton took a liking to her. He left her an envelope with two tickets to their next game in it, and he signed his name (very legibly so she could read it) and added his team, jersey number, and nickname so she knew which player he was at the game. She framed the tickets and the envelope with an 11x14 of Payton. Her daughter later, not knowing what it was worth and having no use for it, sold it.

It's a little beat up...but I'm not sure a more perfect Payton signature exists.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mjknight75's Items on eBay
    Member is PayPal Verified

Very nice, I would get the auto graded from PSA/DNA for sure and see.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very nice, I would get the auto graded from PSA/DNA for sure and see.

I've got absolutely no doubt the autograph is real. I'm not much of a fan of 3rd party authentication and don't want an ugly sticker stuck on the envelope. Plus, I'd have to destroy the professional frame job to get the autograph out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mjknight75's Items on eBay
    Member is PayPal Verified

Ahh yeah I guess your right. Nice piece though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ahh yeah I guess your right. Nice piece though.

Thanks! I know where you're coming from, I've contemplated getting it authenticated. But I know I'm not going to sell the piece, ever, so I don't feel a need to do it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's pretty amazing. Payton was a great guy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thats the one piece i wish i had in my collection. A true Peyton autograph would be priceless. Guy was such a stud on the field & even MORE of a stud off. Awesome piece.

SCF Rewards
    Country

thats an amazing story yes have to doubts about it that that autograph is real congrats on an amazing piece