Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Car question

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Car question

My wife drives a 2010 Chevy HHR. Today when she tried to start it it wouldnt start. She did plug her cell phone in and it charged but nothing else worked. When she tried to take the car out of the ignition the key would not come out. Anyone else had this problem? Any advice?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Transferred Feedback
    NSCF(1)
    Country

My wife drives a 2010 Chevy HHR. Today when she tried to start it it wouldnt start. She did plug her cell phone in and it charged but nothing else worked. When she tried to take the car out of the ignition the key would not come out. Anyone else had this problem? Any advice?

My best advice is put a camera up and see if some one is messing with your car while you guys sleep. I've hear rumors that Obama is to blame for these kind of things...hehe...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The cell phone is a low-draw item and may show up as charging even if the battery is mostly dead. Check and see if the dome light comes on when you open the door. If not you probably have a dead battery. If the dome light comes on but goes out when you turn the key, you have a dead battery.

I have had the key "stick" because the steering wheel is locked and is binded or twisted hard to the side while locked. Try turning the steering wheel a bit and then try removing the key. Also make sure it is fully in PARK as that can both prevent it from starting and keep the key from coming out.

Transferred Feedback
    NSCF(1)
    Country

The cell phone is a low-draw item and may show up as charging even if the battery is mostly dead. Check and see if the dome light comes on when you open the door. If not you probably have a dead battery. If the dome light comes on but goes out when you turn the key, you have a dead battery.

I have had the key "stick" because the steering wheel is locked and is binded or twisted hard to the side while locked. Try turning the steering wheel a bit and then try removing the key. Also make sure it is fully in PARK as that can both prevent it from starting and keep the key from coming out.

I use to have that problem all the time in my Beretta...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Thanks guys. I will let her know.