Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 725
  1. #531
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfran22 View Post
    It's a huge difference playing on the road in places like happy valley, OSU, Wisconsin, Michigan ect. Also, MSU's schedule was 17th ranked. Michigan- 49th.
    Also, Penn states D was very good most of the year. It's sad Michigan dodges them both again next year. But at least there schedule is better. I predict 4 loses.
    Everyone keeps bringing up Penn state... They weren't even that good this year. They beat all the teams they were supposed to beat and lost to the 4 ranked teams they played. Sure their defense played good MOST of the year like you said, but those games were all against the scrubs lol.

  2. #532
    Quote Originally Posted by joe31 View Post
    Everyone keeps bringing up Penn state... They weren't even that good this year. They beat all the teams they were supposed to beat and lost to the 4 ranked teams they played. Sure their defense played good MOST of the year like you said, but those games were all against the scrubs lol.
    I also tend to think Penn State wasn't very good. They just never impressed me really.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

  3. #533
    Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    I also tend to think Penn State wasn't very good. They just never impressed me really.
    Thank you. People are complaining about michigans scheduling. The only team I see that could've helped is playing Wisconsin. That's one game and we can't play them every year. We chose to play Ohio state every year which isn't an easy task by any standards. Last year when State was "so good", they didn't even play Ohio State and they played Michigan and Wisconsin at home. How is that different than us this year?

  4. #534
    Quote Originally Posted by joe31 View Post
    Everyone keeps bringing up Penn state... They weren't even that good this year. They beat all the teams they were supposed to beat and lost to the 4 ranked teams they played. Sure their defense played good MOST of the year like you said, but those games were all against the scrubs lol.
    Really? PSU's schedule was 30th. Michigan, 49th. I'm just sayin'. I never said PSu was good, but Michigan only played a couple hard games and only one on the road. Lets wait and see if they are back as some suggest. Their D was extremely soft in the secondary and in the middle. They play PSU and wisconsin they would probably be 8-4.
    Last edited by sanfran22; 01-06-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

  5. #535
    Quote Originally Posted by joe31 View Post
    Thank you. People are complaining about michigans scheduling. The only team I see that could've helped is playing Wisconsin. That's one game and we can't play them every year. We chose to play Ohio state every year which isn't an easy task by any standards. Last year when State was "so good", they didn't even play Ohio State and they played Michigan and Wisconsin at home. How is that different than us this year?
    Because MSU is decent. And they've been that way for a few years. If Michigan repeats this year for the next couple, then they are back. Truth is, they better get that D in line and find a real QB. The way to beat Robinson is to make him throw, it's pretty obvious.
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

  6. #536
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfran22 View Post
    Because MSU is decent. And they've been that way for a few years. If Michigan repeats this year for the next couple, then they are back. Truth is, they better get that D in line and find a real QB. The way to beat Robinson is to make him throw, it's pretty obvious.
    I totally agree with you on Robinson. He has shown no signs of progress in the passing-game over the course of this season and IMO it's highly doubtful that we can expect a dramatic improvement from him in his senior year.

    But I think you have a very wrong impression of the defense! Extremely soft? Sure, they are not the greatest D of all time and they are not as good as MSU. But they are 7th in points/game, 18th in yards/game, 16th in passing yards allowed and 35th in rushing yards allowed! That's not that bad in my book! Better get that D in line? Have you watched them play last season?? NO team was more improved on defense this year than Michigan!
    collecting:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    KANSAS CITY CHIEFS LINEBACKERS

  7. #537
    Quote Originally Posted by Porbeagle View Post
    I totally agree with you on Robinson. He has shown no signs of progress in the passing-game over the course of this season and IMO it's highly doubtful that we can expect a dramatic improvement from him in his senior year.

    But I think you have a very wrong impression of the defense! Extremely soft? Sure, they are not the greatest D of all time and they are not as good as MSU. But they are 7th in points/game, 18th in yards/game, 16th in passing yards allowed and 35th in rushing yards allowed! That's not that bad in my book! Better get that D in line? Have you watched them play last season?? NO team was more improved on defense this year than Michigan!
    Again, on the D. The stats are inflated due to who they played. Just look at the last 2 games of the year and you'll understand. As far as the line, i think you are missing my point. The D line was the best part of your team but you are losing most of it this year. The dbs were awful for the most part and the linebackers weren't good either.
    Were they improved? Yes. But that's pretty easy to do since they were probably the worst I've seen in years.....
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

  8. #538
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfran22 View Post
    Again, on the D. The stats are inflated due to who they played. Just look at the last 2 games of the year and you'll understand. As far as the line, i think you are missing my point. The D line was the best part of your team but you are losing most of it this year. The dbs were awful for the most part and the linebackers weren't good either.
    Were they improved? Yes. But that's pretty easy to do since they were probably the worst I've seen in years.....
    And I don't think the defense will 'improve' next year. They did stop bad teams with bad offenses, but not so much teams with solid offenses (and OSU, whose offense wasn't good overall). I think you can give up 27 points and play very good on defense and I also believe you can give up 17 points on defense and play mediocre defense. Just depends how the game goes.

    However despite popular belief about Michigan being top 5 in recruiting (and they've ALWAYS recruited well) fact is none of them probably will play next year and they'll all play very small roles or get redshirted. Hoke's first recruiting class won't made a big impact for another few years most likely, and it's just how College Football works (there is exceptions of course but most the kids will not make big contributions for a few years)
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

  9. #539
    Suprising news just announced..

    Edwin Baker is going to enter the NFL draft.

    I wish him the best and all, but odd move after a down season, although i'm a huge Bell fan so I like Baker leaving. It means Bell gets all the carries.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

  10. #540
    Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    Suprising news just announced..

    Edwin Baker is going to enter the NFL draft.

    I wish him the best and all, but odd move after a down season, although i'm a huge Bell fan so I like Baker leaving. It means Bell gets all the carries.
    lol...Baker

    What a stupid decision by him. The only reason he would jump is because Bell is taking his carries next year. Oh well, hopefully he does well.
    Michigan State >>> University of Michigan

Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •