Page 57 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7475455565758596067 ... LastLast
    Michigan lost by a little more then expected. I figured they would lose by 17ish. Not many teams can beat Alabama, if any. Michigan got exposed, they aren't ready for the SEC. They'll probably get 9 or 10 wins depending on the big games (MSU, OSU, ND, Neb) but the #8 ranking was too high. They are more of a #15-#19 team. If anything, the rankings for MSU and UM should of been flipped flopped

Quote Originally Posted by mugatu471 View Post
    Only this time DR lofting his signature deep ball won't get them out of trouble (cough cough Notre Dame cough cough).
    So you're saying play 500 doesn't work against a good defense?
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

Awwww look, its little brother getting together. Thats so cute.

hey, hey, only 35 more wins and you can TIE the all-time series against your big brother!!!!
    2009 Certified Freshman Fabric Jumbo /100: 34/34 100%
    2009 Certified Freshman Fabric Jumbo Blue /50: 25/34 74%
    2009 Certified Freshman Fabric Jumbo Gold /25: 12/34 35%
    2009 Certified Freshman Fabric Jumbo Emerald /5: 3/34 9%
    My Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by DLions8708 View Post
    Awwww look, its little brother getting together. Thats so cute.

hey, hey, only 35 more wins and you can TIE the all-time series against your big brother!!!!
    Yeah, it's funny how they always tend to generously overlook that fact when they brag about how much greater MSU supposedly is. Well, I guess all those years of routinely losing to your big brother will do that to you. So you managed to win four in a row against your big brother while he had the worst stretch in more than 130 years. That must mean you are the greatest team that ever existed in the whole wide world, right?! Never mind the all-time record. Never mind the fact that before that four-game stretch you got beat six times in a row. And, oh yeah, concerning Alabama: Never mind the fact that not too long ago your team was crushed 49-7 by the Tide.

Quote Originally Posted by htram9 View Post
    Michigan lost by a little more then expected. I figured they would lose by 17ish. Not many teams can beat Alabama, if any. Michigan got exposed, they aren't ready for the SEC. They'll probably get 9 or 10 wins depending on the big games (MSU, OSU, ND, Neb) but the #8 ranking was too high.
    I absolutely agree with you. A Bama win was pretty much a given. But the way they dominated a good Michigan team that will be in the hunt for the Big Ten championship was pretty impressive. It just shows you what a great team they are. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd go undefeated this season hammering most of their opponents like they did it to UM and like they would easily have done it to MSU as well. And you are also right about Michigan's ranking being too high. They are not a top ten team yet. More like a #12 or #13, right there with Wisconsin and MSU.
    collecting:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    KANSAS CITY CHIEFS LINEBACKERS

If you guys want to talk Michigan, feel free to make a thread for it. This thread is for the best team in the Big10, Michigan State.

Besides, it's 2012, not 1950 anymore.
    Last edited by gladdyontherise; 09-02-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

Really? 1950? So if its more than 4 years its ancient history? Typical Sparty history/math lesson.

This is why you can never argue with MI fans. Any time someone questions their team, whether it's a ND, MSU, or OSU fan they simply refer to their history. Yes, UM has a more wins against MSU in the series...especially all those wins in the early 1900s when UM refused to play away games and MSU wasn't even a university at the time. Congrats on those wins UM fans, they are really important in 2012. Hopefully they can comfort you when MSU goes to the B1G championship game again and you don't.
    Michigan State >>> University of Michigan

So 16-9 since 1990 is going back to the 1900's when UM "never" played in Lansing?

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/...Michigan+State

Good try though. Do they not teach math in East Lansing?

Have fun trying to get to the Big Ten Championship with one player on offense. You're not going to win many games only scoring 17 points and handing the ball off to one guy 44 times.

Quote Originally Posted by DLions8708 View Post
    So 16-9 since 1990 is going back to the 1900's when UM "never" played in Lansing?

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/...Michigan+State

Good try though. Do they not teach math in East Lansing?

Have fun trying to get to the Big Ten Championship with one player on offense. You're not going to win many games only scoring 17 points and handing the ball off to one guy 44 times.
    Who cares? You obviously missed the point of what I was trying to get across. All the matters is THIS season. I do not care about Michigan's history or MSU's history. All I care about is how MSU does this year and right now they're 1-0 with a win against a top 25 opponent. This team is much, much better than how they played Friday night, something you can't say for U of M.

Just curious, did you (do you) go to U of M?
    Michigan State >>> University of Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    If you guys want to talk Michigan, feel free to make a thread for it. This thread is for the best team in the Big10, Michigan State.

Besides, it's 2012, not 1950 anymore.
    And if you don't want people to talk about the Wolverines in this thread it would probably be a smart move not to bring them up all the time, don't you think?!
    collecting:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    KANSAS CITY CHIEFS LINEBACKERS

Page 57 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7475455565758596067 ... LastLast