Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

School denies use of bathroom to transgenered child

Here's an interesting story that will cause a lot of debate. I'm about to leave work in 10 minutes and won't be online much this evening so I will check back in tommorrow to see how this debate is going.

http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-scho...e-1180991.html
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

i won't address the larger issue but the parent is putting the school in a lose/lose situation. You obviously can't allow the student to use the boys bathroom if anyone else is using it. Also, you are mandating that this kid must have a teacher with her at all times so the bathroom can be cleared and then "guarded" to make sure no one else enters. There is no way the school deals with this without someone being upset.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

TO ALL: These issues can be touchy. Please remember to be both respectful of each other as well as mindful of your language.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with ensbergcollector. As a teacher I don't see how I would deal with this without someone having an issue with it.

Also, why put so much weight on what a child says? When my daughter was little her mother would ask her "Who is the best mommy?" and my daughter would reply "Daddy"
    , now what?

And 3rd. If I start callling myself a woman does that now give me the right to go to the women's bathroom? Yes, I have man parts, but if I tell everyone that I am a woman, put on women's clothes and start calling myself Diane then I should be permitted to use the women's restroom and nobody should have a problem with it. Right?

And since when does calling yourself a different sexual orientation automatically make you transgendered? If I dress like a woman and call myself Diane then I won't be a cross dresser...I will be transgendered. Right?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I have no problem with the child identifying himself as a boy. I am a firm believer that children can know at an early age that they are in the wrong body. However, I do not support the child being allowed to use the facilities meant for the opposite sex. If the child is able to comprehend their individual situation, then they are able to handle using the female facilities that match their body and the bodies of their classmates. At such time that they are post-opt, then they can use the facilities that match their new body.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I remember I had a job about 10 years ago and there were a couple of transexuals working with us. The women did not want them in the bathroom with them and obviously the men did not want them using the men's bathrooms either. Do ya'll think that they will start making transgendered bathrooms?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

My company had a person working for here many years ago that actually went through surgery while employed in my office. However, she was on the floor above me so I am not aware of the situations they had as far as bathrooms. I know at one point she did change her name. I wish I knew how they handled it here.

My first thought would be what ever parts you have is what determines what bathroom you use. The bathroom is basically separated by that factor and that factor alone. It doesn't take into account anything other than that. There are lots of people who dress more like the opposite sex for various reasons, but they should use the bathroom by whichever sex organs they have. At least that is my initial thought. I'd love to hear some other sides to the argument.

Like others have said, this really isn't a scenario that won't upset someone. I'd say having to clear the bathroom for one person seems like a disruption. This girl may be transgender, but at this point, on the surface, how different is this from any other girl that's a tom-boy who dresses like a boy but still uses the girls' bathroom? The other girls using the bathroom probably aren't that aware of what a trans gender girl would be going through internally.

I don't see a need for a third transgender bathroom.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

TO ALL: These issues can be touchy. Please remember to be both respectful of each other as well as mindful of your language.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with ensbergcollector. As a teacher I don't see how I would deal with this without someone having an issue with it.

Also, why put so much weight on what a child says? When my daughter was little her mother would ask her "Who is the best mommy?" and my daughter would reply "Daddy"
    , now what?

And 3rd. If I start callling myself a woman does that now give me the right to go to the women's bathroom? Yes, I have man parts, but if I tell everyone that I am a woman, put on women's clothes and start calling myself Diane then I should be permitted to use the women's restroom and nobody should have a problem with it. Right?

And since when does calling yourself a different sexual orientation automatically make you transgendered? If I dress like a woman and call myself Diane then I won't be a cross dresser...I will be transgendered. Right?

" if I tell everyone that I am a woman, put on women's clothes and start calling myself Diane "

You can't say things like that without providing pictures

SCF Rewards
    Country

" if I tell everyone that I am a woman, put on women's clothes and start calling myself Diane "

That's one forum that I promise that I will stay out of.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I remember I had a job about 10 years ago and there were a couple of transexuals working with us. The women did not want them in the bathroom with them and obviously the men did not want them using the men's bathrooms either. Do ya'll think that they will start making transgendered bathrooms?

I wouldn't be shocked to learn that they already exists in more liberal areas like California, Oregon or Washington. In fact, I imagine there are already a few in certain bars and clubs that cater to that genre of customer.

Bad things man, bad things! I make an ugly, grumpy woman with way too much facial hair and curves in all of the wrong places.

That's one forum that I promise that I will stay out of.

Yet you are the first to show up after he posted asking for pictures...hmmm

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I wouldn't be shocked to learn that they already exists in more liberal areas like California, Oregon or Washington. In fact, I imagine there are already a few in certain bars and clubs that cater to that genre of customer.

true, this probably is the case in certain establishments. I've been to some gay bars and in one of them their bathroom situation was just a free for all in the fact that guys would go into the women's room as needed because there weren't that many girls there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast