Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

Dems lose seat they've held forever

Republicans have NEVER won this congressional seat. Obama is the gift that keeps on giving. :)

"The heavily Democratic district, which spans parts of Queens and Brooklyn and is 40% Jewish, had never sent a Republican to the House. The race was supposed to be an easy win for Democrats, who have a 3-1 ratio registration advantage in the district."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...122057,00.html

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Not sure why people are surprised by this.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

not that the writer of the article had info on why everyone voted a certain way, but sounds like vote in favor of gay marriage by the incumbent may have had a hand in the change of parties for the area. I guess we can't know for sure, but not surprised at all to see an over simplified chalk up to Obama's fault.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Not sure why people are surprised by this.

Because that area has NEVER voted Democrat. Corruption has never stopped that area from voting Democrat. Democrats sent Bill Clinton and the national party spent an additional $500,000 in the final weeks and still got creamed.

Real change is happening. Kennedy lost to Scott Brown and several other Democrat strongholds are crumbling. While not a major surprise, it is foreshadowing what is to come in 2012.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Because that area has NEVER voted Democrat. Corruption has never stopped that area from voting Democrat. Democrats sent Bill Clinton and the national party spent an additional $500,000 in the final weeks and still got creamed.

Real change is happening. Kennedy lost to Scott Brown and several other Democrat strongholds are crumbling. While not a major surprise, it is foreshadowing what is to come in 2012.

I don't know man. See my other thread about Obama/Reps/Jobs:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1482514

If this poll holds steady, that's a tough obstacle for Congressional Republicans to overcome. And if the markets recover from this recent spat, and we start seeing better employment numbers come 2012 (which I think will happen, but only marginally), it'll be tough to unseat Obama, as the Republicans are already divided.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I don't know man. See my other thread about Obama/Reps/Jobs:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1482514

If this poll holds steady, that's a tough obstacle for Congressional Republicans to overcome. And if the markets recover from this recent spat, and we start seeing better employment numbers come 2012 (which I think will happen, but only marginally), it'll be tough to unseat Obama, as the Republicans are already divided.

Obviously, the Presidential race depends on the ticket but I don't see economic number going down enough before the 2012 elections. The difference will be energy. Democrats may feel deflated and not show up to the polls. I see Republicans more energized heading into 2012. Obviously with $1 billion to spend Obama will be tough to beat regardless of the climate.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (44)
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds Texas Rangers

And so begins the downfall of the Obamanation.