Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (64)
    Country
    See shootingstarpress's Items on eBay

This Is Why People Leave The Hobby!

It's not the card companies it's people like this guy who trade cards.He is also a vip and an immortal.If you would like his name please send me a pm.You would think i would have learned because i believe this is the third time but hey always looking to make new trading partners and it still blows up but this one takes the cake.I put out my list and he replies with what he wants.Like i said i remember him from before but still try.He later sends me a list again...I have a WANTLIST but again i take the time and look over it.I find a handful of cards that i don't already have for my collection about $40 worth.So i take some cards from his wantlist and i add a few extra.I was about $4 short and that was without the extras and they were low #'d so they had some value so he was getting over book.He sends me a message"No thanks most of the cards i wanted are not even in the trade and i prefer bigger trades anyway" So here we go again.So i send a message back saying that is all i could find that i needed but if he had a few otherthings i was looking for i'd be happy to throw all those his way.If not thank you for looking.He then later sends me 3 links to a photobucket with gang scans of some of the cards with no description of what he has and says check these.So AGAIN i have to look.Well i work nights and sleep most of the day so if i get on it's for a sec to check messages.So maybe half ago i get some time and check the pictures.I see one that maybe i don't have.So i message and ask if that is a so and so.Like two minutes later i get this "I have no idea.I give up trying to work out a deal with you.have a good day. If i didn't have many trades under my belt and have traded with a look of excellent people on here and other sites and i talked with this guy.I would of went to another site or just plain give up on trading.
    Last edited by bret2; 09-15-2011 at 11:35 AM. Reason: language

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

If you feel this guy is bothersome go to your User CP and block him. There is no sense of getting hotheaded because of another person like this. Just move on and enjoy the card world. You will meet more nice people than rude ones here.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i don't know is not communicating. you must work with each other. trading is a 2 way street. he should know better.

cheers mike

SCF Rewards
    Country

Leaving sites won't help. You're going to find the same headaches no matter where you go. The scary trend I am seeing is trading online isn't nearly as popular as it was say 6 years ago. It seems there are a tiny handful of worthwhile sites to trade on anymore. Alot of the sites which used to be great, have dried up and are ghost towns.
    Hopefully its not a sign of the hobby. IMO there are only 3 sites with a decent amount of traders on it. When 6 years ago, the number in my mind was 9-10. However, again leaving one site to go to another won't solve anything, most members belong to multiple sites anyways.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Yeah like BGT Masters said. I have the same name on 6 different websites. And all of them but SCF and another is dried up right now.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree with both BGT and Greengoblin that most sites have dried up within the last few years. Don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch if you have person whom is diffcult to trade with and you cant get a deal done just move on. I mean I've dealt with guys who were major pains in my ***, and if we couldn't get a deal done, I walked away. You walk away and you learn from it. I've dealt with alot of great people on this site too and no matter where you go there's always going to be a few that just want to be a pain to be a pain. Don't let them get to you. That's best advice I can give.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

PM sent to you with my guess as to whom this is. Lol

There can be only one.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (141)
    Country

PM sent to you with my guess as to whom this is. Lol

There can be only one.

HAHAHAHA TOO FUNNY >>>There can be only one.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (141)
    Country

MY FRIEND
    EVERYBODY IS RIGHT IN THEY OWN WAY
    BUT ITS REALLY UP TO YOU ON WHAT YOU DO
    I'VE BEEN ON MANY TRADING SITES
    AND THERES A LOT MORE OF THIS GOIN ON NOW THEN B4
    SO YOU CAN BLOCK HIM NOT DEAL WITH HIM & TELL ANYBODY WHO HE IS
    BUT IN THE END ITS UP TO YOU ON WHAT YOUR GOING TO DO
    BUT PLEASE LET ME TELL YOU THIS