Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Help with damaged baseball issues

So I had a few balls that were signed during a few games this year and bought some cheap balls off ebay, all in all a total of 7. Normally I send in all my things to JSA or PSA but decided to give GAI or GA or Global Authentics, whatever they go by now a days. Sent it in a few weeks ago and finally got the return today. Upon opening of package I noticed that there was a receipt saying all balls were rejected and was shocked. I figured it was a gamble on the 3 that were bought off ebay or through another forum, but 4 were IP. So after that I took the balls out of the package and looked at the balls. each one was smeared except 1. The balls are in terrible condition now and when I purchased them they were in pristine condition. I paid for insurance there and upon return. I contacted GAI and they said they arrived that way, and then proceeded to "authenticate" them and bill me for it and return them all the while without notifying me of the condition upon arrival. I dont necessarily believe their story but they either did it or they got damaged upon shipment.

My question is what now. GAI hasnt responded to my followup email so I dont know if they should be held responsible or USPS is or what. Paid for the "authentication", shipping, and the 4 balls I purchased on my own. So im in it roughly $200 and that doesnt include the price of the balls that I purchased which I obviously cant return since A. too much time has elapsed, and b. the seller did nothing wrong and the balls were smudged once they entered my possession.

Looking for any help.
    Hidden Content

I collect anything and everything Albert Pujols and am always looking to expand collection. Also looking for any signed baseball or jerseys.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not sure why you'd send to GAI in the first place, but sounds like you're out of luck

Transferred Feedback
    TCC (60)
    Country
    See 24lakersfranchise24's Items on eBay

Man, that sucks. I honestly wouldn't know what to do besides demand and have proof of pictures that the balls were never that way. I think they messed up big time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If it was me, I would continue to argue with GAI. I suggest you take photos of the balls and the package and how they arrived at your door. Then open the box up and take more pictures. Also be sure to take pictures of the smudges.

After that, get some of the pictures from the original seller (who you bought the baseballs from) and see if the seller can send you crisp/clear images of them in their original, pristine state.

Then submit all of proof of your photos to USPS and GAI and let them know of your issue. From there, see what happens.

Hope this helps but I've never experienced anything like this before. Just offering my suggestions

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (93)
    Country

To me it honestly sounds like damage in transit, everyone always says I dont know why you would mail to this company or that company but what company, are you supposed to mail too. I use GAI alot and they really are good, Sometimes this stuff happens though, you def should have taken pictures, of the pieces before you sent them, that much is agreed. If you really pursue this though you can get your money back , fo get he pictures of the original balls though

Country

Honestly I would never send to GAI. I don't even know how they are in business because 99% of their items that I see are fake. I have also heard that GAI at on point signed items themselves and certified them. Just a heads up

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lumber_jack_bat_co's Items on eBay

So I had a few balls that were signed during a few games this year and bought some cheap balls off ebay, all in all a total of 7.

My question is based on this comment alone - and DEFINATELY NOT defending GAI, PSA/DNA, JSA, etc - but are the balls you got doen in person 'cheap balls' as well?

And by cheap balls, do you mean Vinyl as opposed to Leather? And were they signed in pen or sharpie?

If they were Vinyl, signed in sharpie, they probably started smearing as soon as you started wrapping them unfortunately.

Just my humble .02.

- Smitty