Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Country

If anyone can get me a signed 8x10, I will trade something. I live 2.5 hrs away and can't make it....Damn it. Someone help!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well I had a lot of nice luck today!! First off, I was able to get off from work because I asked my friend to fill in for me today. He came through for me and got me off from work. Awesome!

Next I asked my brother if he could come with me to the event since he's also a big fan of Philly sports and he had McCoy on his fantasy team for the last two seasons. We got their early at 4:00PM on the mark and ONLY five people were ahead of us.

Since this was an hour before the event started, I was a little surprised but I also remembered how the event wasn’t advertised at all, and I myself only found out because I was on this board late at night and Erik posted about the event going down. Well time passed and it was 5:00PM and still there were ONLY 50-60 people in line!!

It was insane how few people where there but we were informed by a spokesperson from FM that McCoy would be running late because of traffic and he should arrive at 5:30PM. No big deal at all, to be honest if you’re not from the area, the traffic can be a nightmare especially on Friday and Monday with the Blvd and ticket lights.

Shady came at 5:20PM and rolled up in his sweet ride. He signed first for some of the workers and for a couple of cops that were watching over the small crowd. I heard from the ticket guy that was handing out passes that 200 people would be guaranteed autographs and he said he had about 120 left. Wow. Also there were a ton of PAL kids there and they all got autographs and each one got a photo with Shady. It took about 15 minutes for all this to go down, but it was really awesome of Shady to take a photo with all the PAL kids.

McCoy was the man. Flat out the man. He was so down to earth and was talking with all the fans that were there. Let me also say though there were a TON of dealers there (I average that out of the 75 people in line 45 were dealers). You could just tell who the fans where and who the dealers where, and it was funny because one dealer came up with this really expense gold football to get signed and he had out a video recorder out and was filming all during Shady signing…Shady didn’t seem too happy about that, can’t say I blame him though.

When my turn came up, I went with my brother and Shady was super cool. Asked us how we were doing, and how long we waited. My brother was talking about how he’s a fantasy beast and McCoy got a huge kick out of that. He was laughing about it and wanted to know my brother's entire team. He then asked what we all wanted signed, so I asked if he could sign a couple of my cards since the line was small, and he said whatever you got I’ll sign. He signed in total for the two of us a mini helmet which came out PERFECT, three trading cards (one bubbled pretty good, but no biggie), and one 8x10. So five autographs for two people and for free. Just flat out awesome and amazing.

He also gave my brother a fist bump because he was wearing his old rookie jersey of #29. Shady is just an awesome dude.

A HUGE thank you to all the guys here on SCF for posting about this event. It was really hush-hush and you could tell because under 120 people where there to get graphs. Thanks guys, BIG time. I'll post a video later showing the graphs.

- Eddie

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sweet graphs man glad I could take part in helping. I decided not to go so he doesn't think I'm stalking him. I see you had as good an experience with shady as I did.

He's really killing it this year with his fan relations appearances!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very cool.

Congrats. I'm not an Eagles fan, but I'll root for them. I like Shady, and from the things I've been hearing lately, I like him even more. Very happy to hear he is a good guy and good to the fans...wouldn't mind meeting him one day...

BANNED

Country

Well I had a lot of nice luck today!! First off, I was able to get off from work because I asked my friend to fill in for me today. He came through for me and got me off from work. Awesome!

Next I asked my brother if he could come with me to the event since he's also a big fan of Philly sports and he had McCoy on his fantasy team for the last two seasons. We got their early at 4:00PM on the mark and ONLY five people were ahead of us.

Since this was an hour before the event started, I was a little surprised but I also remembered how the event wasn’t advertised at all, and I myself only found out because I was on this board late at night and Erik posted about the event going down. Well time passed and it was 5:00PM and still there were ONLY 50-60 people in line!!

It was insane how few people where there but we were informed by a spokesperson from FM that McCoy would be running late because of traffic and he should arrive at 5:30PM. No big deal at all, to be honest if you’re not from the area, the traffic can be a nightmare especially on Friday and Monday with the Blvd and ticket lights.

Shady came at 5:20PM and rolled up in his sweet ride. He signed first for some of the workers and for a couple of cops that were watching over the small crowd. I heard from the ticket guy that was handing out passes that 200 people would be guaranteed autographs and he said he had about 120 left. Wow. Also there were a ton of PAL kids there and they all got autographs and each one got a photo with Shady. It took about 15 minutes for all this to go down, but it was really awesome of Shady to take a photo with all the PAL kids.

McCoy was the man. Flat out the man. He was so down to earth and was talking with all the fans that were there. Let me also say though there were a TON of dealers there (I average that out of the 75 people in line 45 were dealers). You could just tell who the fans where and who the dealers where, and it was funny because one dealer came up with this really expense gold football to get signed and he had out a video recorder out and was filming all during Shady signing…Shady didn’t seem too happy about that, can’t say I blame him though.

When my turn came up, I went with my brother and Shady was super cool. Asked us how we were doing, and how long we waited. My brother was talking about how he’s a fantasy beast and McCoy got a huge kick out of that. He was laughing about it and wanted to know my brother's entire team. He then asked what we all wanted signed, so I asked if he could sign a couple of my cards since the line was small, and he said whatever you got I’ll sign. He signed in total for the two of us a mini helmet which came out PERFECT, three trading cards (one bubbled pretty good, but no biggie), and one 8x10. So five autographs for two people and for free. Just flat out awesome and amazing.

He also gave my brother a fist bump because he was wearing his old rookie jersey of #29. Shady is just an awesome dude.

A HUGE thank you to all the guys here on SCF for posting about this event. It was really hush-hush and you could tell because under 120 people where there to get graphs. Thanks guys, BIG time. I'll post a video later showing the graphs.

- Eddie

Recording the signing? Can the dealer make it any more obvious? Also, break out the eraser on those cards next time! Sounded like a very fun event, congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Recording the signing? Can the dealer make it any more obvious? Also, break out the eraser on those cards next time! Sounded like a very fun event, congrats!

That was the weird part, I did prep the card with the eraser. I have no idea why it did bubble. It was a regular Topps card too, so it wasn't one of those really glossy cards. My brother told me though that the lady handling the items put my cards on top of each other...so maybe that's why? Either way, its no biggie at all. It was an awesome experence.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That was the weird part, I did prep the card with the eraser. I have no idea why it did bubble. It was a regular Topps card too, so it wasn't one of those really glossy cards. My brother told me though that the lady handling the items put my cards on top of each other...so maybe that's why? Either way, its no biggie at all. It was an awesome experence.

Was it a 2009 Topps? Those things are hard to prep!

SCF Rewards
    Country

LOVE shady, have been wanting an 8x10 forever!!! sucks they dont do many signings in DE, they used to do like 3-4 every summer but havent in a while :(

SCF Rewards
    Country

Was it a 2009 Topps? Those things are hard to prep!

Yes it was. 2009 Topps Kickoff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12