Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 515 of 556 FirstFirst ... 15415465505512513514515516517518525 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,150 of 5556

Thread: Philly INK

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mcw

If you're still on the fence about the carter Williams signing, there aren't 100 here yet

SCF Rewards
    Country

They might have just run out of tickets

SCF Rewards
    Country

How did you make out Erik ?

SCF Rewards
    Country

How did you make out Erik ?

Went well- just got home! Details in my thread!

https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...1#post13097153

SCF Rewards
    Country

MCW signing went well. Got there around 5:45 and I was actually early. Pretty low turnout as well, but that was to be expected since it was a very low key signing. A lot of suits were down there as well. They were kind of giving out misleading information on the signing, telling people they had to buy something and they had to get their receipts checked, even though the Modells workers inside told me they would hand out postcards if you didn't have anything to get signed. Speaking of which I went inside hoping to buy a 8x10, but they were only selling basketballs. Being that I don't collect signed basketballs, I wasn't too crazy about getting one, so I passed. Plus for some reason the salesperson told me most of the balls were low on air, and if I wanted to, he would fill up the ball if I wanted. But like I said, I passed. My older brother, bought one of the basketball, and lucky he brought with him one of my silver sharpies. He got his ball signed in silver and I got a nice 5x7 postcard signed in black sharpie. Overall for a free signing, it was cool. I just wish Modells would have had 8x10 photos for sale, because I would have love to buy one.

It was also cool seeing Erik. He was twenty people ahead of me and got in and out in under five minutes. I also got done everything and was on my way home at 6:20. Very quick signing. I should also note that Modells didn't let anyone without a pass get anything signed. Once all the tickets were given out, they cut off the line. So something to keep in mind for Foles.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Video I took of the signing. We couldn't take pictures or video until we were behind this red line. For some reason, one of the cops was determined to block my view. lol
    Don't know why since I already got my autograph, but he was a shadow for me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Anyone else think the nick foles thing is a strange business decision for modells?

last night there were ~150 people there for CW and almost everyone bought something. That's easily a few thousand in sales.

Now for foles we can't buy anything, so what's the point for them? Publicity?

seems like a better choice would be someone who could sign purchased items.

dont get me wrong I'm excited to get foles potentially, but I'm a bit perplexed by the decision.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

If you are bringing people into your store, it's not a bad business decision.
    I NEED 02/03 Topps Heritage Calder Cloth cards!!!
    Always looking for signed Philadelphia Sports Illustrateds!
    Have an odd Richie Ashburn item? I might want it!
    Looking for 66-67 Topps Hockey

SCF Rewards
    Country

Agree, but- the way they set up these signing (at least the MCW one) you can't even be inside the store shopping really while the signing is going on. It's all sectioned off and awkward.

So yes, getting foot traffic is good, but not when those people can't really effectively shop, and aren't there to shop in the first place.

I get it, that all publicity is good publicity, and all customers are good customers, BUT I am questioning why they would specifically choose someone that completely precludes customers from buying items.

It's like you are specifically choosing to have 200 customers in your store and 50 buy something, instead of 200 customers in your store and 175 buy something (to get signed). THAT is the decision I don't understand; not the decision to have someone there at all.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

Well, you seem like you see the marketing aspect of it. However, Modells isn't the only one with their horse in the race, and the hundred or so people "buying" at that time do not really matter in the longterm. Panini is also sponsoring this, and Modell's and Panini have a long standing relationship. You get on Panini's web sight (which I do, because my son is a crack addict for the sports sticker books), and you have the section that shows that you can buy Panini products at Modells. Each and every Modells has a specific section with a Panini setup, including a giant sign showing "Buy Panini products here".
    They are both getting advertising dollars out of having Foles appear. They have two people, right now,you and I, talking about their product. That's what they want. Buying a five dollar photo for him to sign it is secondary. Why does Coca Cola pay to have the judges on American Idol drink it's product? Why does Doritos pay 3 million dollars for a 30 second Super Bowl Commercial? That's why they do thing's like this. Plus the foot traffic is an added bonus.

Page 515 of 556 FirstFirst ... 15415465505512513514515516517518525 ... LastLast