Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need advice for TTM cards

I tried searching but didn't come up with much of what I was looking for. If you have stored links or better at searching than me, thank you for that lol.

I am getting back into card collecting after years of giving up because of my 90's collection of base cards were worth nothing. I started to collect memorabilia and autographed photos, but I want to get back into the card game a little and have made quite a few purchaes to help me get started again.

I want to start with stuff for my PC which is Cleveland Indians and Browns cards, and my plan is to get those organized and get a good list of who is high success on TTM and send a few cards out to each player. My question since I've obviously never mailed cards, what is the best way to do so? Do I just toss a few cards in an envelope unprotected with a SASE and letter and toss one stamp on each envelope? I've sent a few TTM 8x10 and realize it's a lot different. Eventually if I can't find any willing persons to take my other teams from my collection I'll start doing some TTM from those and try to sell or trade that way. Any and all help is appreciated for a newbie to TTM and getting back into cards.

That is pretty much how I send them. I have sent out hundreds and have probably only had a couple come back with even a bent corner. Some people use cardboard or plastic holders. Players a lot of times sign the holder instead or ship them back without them plus the can jam in the sorting machines so I don't use them. The main thing is find out who signs so you don;t waste time and money. A good place to start is c/o minor league teams . The baby Indians sign better than the big league guys with some exceptions. I can start you off on Browns,I just got Eric Metcalf back from the address in the data base.

Yep, I plan to start with guys that have the highest success rate and trickle down from there. It seems like most people send 3 cards, is that pretty much the norm if you have 3 to send? I don't have a ton of minor leaguers anymore, heck probably most are retired lol. 98% of my current cards are from the 90's so pretty much everyone is retired or coaching. I'll have to send out my Metcalf that I have, thanks for that info!

http://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...d-info-threads!

read the stickys thats why they are there
    have 4365 different cardinals cards
    Hidden Content
    My card reviews, custom cards, colorized photos, and funstuff blog!
    Hidden Content

Look up players that you are interested in mailing to in the TTM Database, I never send more than 3 cards and sometimes one is the correct number.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

I read through the stickies and didn't find the answer I was looking for regarding the acceptable amount of cards to send in one PWE. Thanks for the help, can't wait to start getting some cards out!

Quote Originally Posted by Akweldadam View Post
    I read through the stickies and didn't find the answer I was looking for regarding the acceptable amount of cards to send in one PWE. Thanks for the help, can't wait to start getting some cards out!

just be simple, think as if you were the person getting the items to sign

personally i think 3 is plenty

some stars only do 1

just depends
    have 4365 different cardinals cards
    Hidden Content
    My card reviews, custom cards, colorized photos, and funstuff blog!
    Hidden Content

I have never sent more than 6 to a player and tend to stick to 3-4 at most. I don't put mine in sleeves or anything (had a few players try to sign the sleeve before...) and I've never had to use more than one stamp and rarely had any damaged.

Good choice in Indians and Browns (Cleveland native here). I can name off a bunch of former players for them who sign-- shoot me a PM if you want a list. Cavs and Crunch too.

Awesome, thanks for the info! Sending you a PM now...

You can send as many as you want, but make sure you offer some to whomever you're wishing to receive an autograph from

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast