Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 326 of 556 FirstFirst ... 226276316323324325326327328329336376426 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 5556

Thread: Philly INK

SCF Rewards
    Country

Anybody have any experience with getting the "rough" base signed of a football or baseball figure?

I got sandberg on one a few months ago. used a blue broad tipped deco. I didnt sand the base, just had it signed as is. I was a little worried, but it came out ok.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have a Bernie Parent Time magazine from 1975. It has a label on it. what are your thoughts on removing it without damaging the magazine?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have a Bernie Parent Time magazine from 1975. It has a label on it. what are your thoughts on removing it without damaging the magazine?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Anybody have any experience with getting the "rough" base signed of a football or baseball figure?

I have been getting various McFarlanes signed for a few years now. Hockey and basketball bases are pretty straightforward, but if the base has a sticker on it, the finish sometimes causes "bubbling" of sharpies - you'll want to "prepare" those bases to dull the finish, similar to a glossy card treatment with powder or a white MARS eraser.

Football and baseball are more difficult because I find the rough bases are not as easy to sign. I typically use a dremel to flatten out a small signature area (about 1.5" x 2.5" depending on player's sig, area on base, etc.) and get it nice and smooth. Sometimes these smoothed out spots will need to be painted over to match the rest of the base (they use black or white plastic sometimes for the base itself, and paint it green, brown, etc. for grass, dirt, etc.) If the base plastic is the same color, or close, then no need to paint over (most of the baseball bases are brown plastic, and many of the older footbal used green plastic - no need to paint over these).

Either way, I use a deco marker to sign the dremeled bases. Sharpies tend to "bleed" into the plastic and it is not a crisp, clean signature, and they are very streaky on the repainted surface. Silver Deco works great on the green, unpainted bases, I like black Deco for the brown unpainted bases, and then I use either gold or black Deco on the re-painted bases (depending how dark they are). Silver Deco for some reason is very streaky on the re-painted surface. Not sure why. Black and Gold are much less streaky (though not perfect).

The whole prep process with the dremel takes about an hour. If anyone wants more details PM me - it took quite a few refinements to the process to work it out to come out consistenly looking good. In the end, I think they look great signed and display really nicely!
    Last edited by nj03; 12-05-2012 at 10:05 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

Dude, I've done this with old SIs, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Get a pan or tea kettle, and boil some water. Hover the label over the steam until it's hot. Sometimes this will moisten the old glue and it will peel right off. Other times, it takes a small strip of the magazine cover with it. It depends on whether you want to take the gamble of having the small tear spots or not, but for me, about 75% of the time, it works

I NEED 02/03 Topps Heritage Calder Cloth cards!!!
    Always looking for signed Philadelphia Sports Illustrateds!
    Have an odd Richie Ashburn item? I might want it!
    Looking for 66-67 Topps Hockey

SCF Rewards
    Country

have any pictures?

I got sandberg on one a few months ago. used a blue broad tipped deco. I didnt sand the base, just had it signed as is. I was a little worried, but it came out ok.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i'll check when I get home from work. I may have stored it with my other stuff at my mom's house

SCF Rewards
    Country

if the Bryce Brown rumor is true (i don't want to get my hopes up b/c players ALWAYS cancel their EHT appearances cause no one wants to come down here), i will be happy to help 50/50 an item or 2 (only one mini though). i will help whoever has helped me or positively dealt w/me in the past 'first & then 1st come, 1st serve' after that. players aren't officially announced for the show til Mon afternoon, so you'll have to be ready to paypal me the funds to cover printing pics or buying minis ($25 ea) THAT night or early Tues. i will post on here as soon as i hear if he'll be there or not on Mon.

I'm hoping it ends up being true. The girl on the phone said he was coming next week. It beats the hell out of Danny Watkins and Jon Dorenbos every single week. I remember when Brent Celek used to do the show all the time. It was awesome.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

Broadcasting LIVE from the Neshaminy Mall in Bensalem this Monday at 6PM, December 10th with Eagles punter Mat McBriar

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @FlyerGuy22 See FlyerGuy22's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

if the Bryce Brown rumor is true (i don't want to get my hopes up b/c players ALWAYS cancel their EHT appearances cause no one wants to come down here), i will be happy to help 50/50 an item or 2 (only one mini though). i will help whoever has helped me or positively dealt w/me in the past 'first & then 1st come, 1st serve' after that. players aren't officially announced for the show til Mon afternoon, so you'll have to be ready to paypal me the funds to cover printing pics or buying minis ($25 ea) THAT night or early Tues. i will post on here as soon as i hear if he'll be there or not on Mon.

I can get mini helmets for $18 each + shipping if anyone is ever interested in ordering bulk.

Page 326 of 556 FirstFirst ... 226276316323324325326327328329336376426 ... LastLast