Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 448 of 556 FirstFirst ... 348398438445446447448449450451458498548 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 5556

Thread: Philly INK

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks guys.

I guess i missed the training camp news when i was in arizona. It broke the week i was away.

You can bet your bottom dollar that the "open practices" will be just like flight night- ie no graphs. The good old days of getting 25 tickets at lehigh to get 1 winner and getting who you need in the tent are gone for good.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dmoney24246's Items on eBay

I went to the Carlton signing as well..As Cyberer said it was great. My boss is a VIP member at Sugarhouse and took me with him so that I could meet Steve and get his autograph. They gave me a ball already signed by Steve with a COA from Sports Vault. I was also able to get a really nice picture with him however I tried to go back and get the picture autographed too but as one would already have assumed that wasn't allowed lol.

The stadium is a block from the aquarium. The aquarium's tourism revenue is the only thing keeping camden afloat. Therefore, there are millions of cops and private security around all the time. Perfectly safe. I went to an "all you can drink" rivershark game with 4 friends once, we kinda blacked out, then walked 6 blocks to the patco train back to philly at like 11 pm. I urinated on a dumpster in an alley. And we didn't get mugged.

I figure you will probably park right at the stadium- no worries. Also, that's an awesome find on the vlad thing- I'll be there. Anyone know what hotel(s) they stay in?

BTW I went to the carlton thing today. It was awesome. Here is a recap (copied from my thread)

Went to the Carlton event today. It was much better run than the Dawkins one. If you guys will recall, the Dawkins one the line was ~500 people long, and they only gave out about ~100 graphs. Today they cut the line off at 75, so that there were not 400 angry people in line with no graphs.

I got there at 4:15, just in time to watch the home opener. The line for Carlton was right in the sports bar, so I was able to have 2 dollar beers and chill watching the game. Too bad Horst sucks, Phillies lose. At least I was #3 in line.

At about 5:30 Carlton arrived to the VIP section, and signed and took pictures. We didn't have VIP tickets so we were all in the normal line. About halfway through the VIP session, the girl running the event came over and told us that we cannot get our pictures with Carlton, but that he would not be personalizing, as he was just trying to sign as many autographs as fast as he could. GREAT NEWS! No personalizing!

So finally it is my turn in line, I hand him my baseball. I had been scribbling my inkpen for about 10 minutes to make sure the ink was flowing. However the handler wouldn't let him take my pen. He handed him a pen. Since I was #3 in line, I was the first person getting a baseball signed. So sure enough he started signing my ball AND NO INK CAME OUT. I thought I was going to get a crappy sig- I was so mad, especially because I had prepared my pen.

Steve laughed and said "You might as well give me a pen that works at least!"

I said, "Here, how about this one."

He took it, and signed, taking very special care to retrace his original line with the bad pen so that I ended up with a great item. I asked him for the Hall of Fame inscription and he very graciously added it. Can't believe how good the ball came out, given how badly it could have gone down.

The buddy I was with got his photo signed. As he was signing it Carlton got a really wi™™™™l look on his face and was saying "Those were the days- look at those ripped sleeves- we only had 1 uniform! Now guys have 14 pairs of shoes." Nice to hear him muse about baseball history.

BANNED

Country

Carls just announced a Luzinski signing....$20......I guess that's good if you don't wanna get him for FREE at Citizens Bank or his radio show!
    I'm gonna do a fair amount of bull radio shows. If you want to mail it to me or met up I can take it for you and give it back to you at the Phestival.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Anyone going to the Poppel show April 27th? I wanna get minis from Charlie Garner and Ricky Watters, but we have a tball game that morning.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well looks like it worked out for the better. No personalization...great news.

The stadium is a block from the aquarium. The aquarium's tourism revenue is the only thing keeping camden afloat. Therefore, there are millions of cops and private security around all the time. Perfectly safe. I went to an "all you can drink" rivershark game with 4 friends once, we kinda blacked out, then walked 6 blocks to the patco train back to philly at like 11 pm. I urinated on a dumpster in an alley. And we didn't get mugged.

I figure you will probably park right at the stadium- no worries. Also, that's an awesome find on the vlad thing- I'll be there. Anyone know what hotel(s) they stay in?

BTW I went to the carlton thing today. It was awesome. Here is a recap (copied from my thread)

Went to the Carlton event today. It was much better run than the Dawkins one. If you guys will recall, the Dawkins one the line was ~500 people long, and they only gave out about ~100 graphs. Today they cut the line off at 75, so that there were not 400 angry people in line with no graphs.

I got there at 4:15, just in time to watch the home opener. The line for Carlton was right in the sports bar, so I was able to have 2 dollar beers and chill watching the game. Too bad Horst sucks, Phillies lose. At least I was #3 in line.

At about 5:30 Carlton arrived to the VIP section, and signed and took pictures. We didn't have VIP tickets so we were all in the normal line. About halfway through the VIP session, the girl running the event came over and told us that we cannot get our pictures with Carlton, but that he would not be personalizing, as he was just trying to sign as many autographs as fast as he could. GREAT NEWS! No personalizing!

So finally it is my turn in line, I hand him my baseball. I had been scribbling my inkpen for about 10 minutes to make sure the ink was flowing. However the handler wouldn't let him take my pen. He handed him a pen. Since I was #3 in line, I was the first person getting a baseball signed. So sure enough he started signing my ball AND NO INK CAME OUT. I thought I was going to get a crappy sig- I was so mad, especially because I had prepared my pen.

Steve laughed and said "You might as well give me a pen that works at least!"

I said, "Here, how about this one."

He took it, and signed, taking very special care to retrace his original line with the bad pen so that I ended up with a great item. I asked him for the Hall of Fame inscription and he very graciously added it. Can't believe how good the ball came out, given how badly it could have gone down.

The buddy I was with got his photo signed. As he was signing it Carlton got a really wi™™™™l look on his face and was saying "Those were the days- look at those ripped sleeves- we only had 1 uniform! Now guys have 14 pairs of shoes." Nice to hear him muse about baseball history.

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mike...I'm going, I can take your stuff.

Anyone going to the Poppel show April 27th? I wanna get minis from Charlie Garner and Ricky Watters, but we have a tball game that morning.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Funny story...I sent John Leclair my McFarlane base to sign. I got it back today (1 week after I sent it)with no signature. I was shocked cause Leclair is money TTM. I then looedk at the envelope and there was writing on it, "you sealed the return envelope sorry send it again." I could only help but laugh as I am an idiot and sealed the return envelope inside the original mailing envelope. Guess I will resend it this week. LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country

Funny story...I sent John Leclair my McFarlane base to sign. I got it back today (1 week after I sent it)with no signature. I was shocked cause Leclair is money TTM. I then looedk at the envelope and there was writing on it, "you sealed the return envelope sorry send it again." I could only help but laugh as I am an idiot and sealed the return envelope inside the original mailing envelope. Guess I will resend it this week. LOL

And the D'oh moment of the week goes to...

EJ with his John LeClair flub...

is there anyone you would like to thank?

Lol sorry to hear bro but at least he told you to resend.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

Wilber Montgomery and Scott Eyre have been confirmed for the Cannstatter's Show in June
    I NEED 02/03 Topps Heritage Calder Cloth cards!!!
    Always looking for signed Philadelphia Sports Illustrateds!
    Have an odd Richie Ashburn item? I might want it!
    Looking for 66-67 Topps Hockey

Page 448 of 556 FirstFirst ... 348398438445446447448449450451458498548 ... LastLast