Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 478 of 556 FirstFirst ... 378428468475476477478479480481488528 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 5556

Thread: Philly INK

BANNED

Country

Just an FYI
    [1tool noun \ˈtül\

Definition of TOOL

a : a handheld device that aids in accomplishing a task
    b (1) : the cutting or shaping part in a machine or machine tool (2) : a machine for shaping metal : machine tool
    a : something (as an instrument or apparatus) used in performing an operation or necessary in the practice of a vocation or profession <a scholar's books are his tools>
    b : an element of a computer program (as a graphics application) that activates and controls a particular function <a drawing tool>
    c : a means to an end <a book's cover can be a marketing tool>
    d often vulgar : penis
    : one that is used or manipulated by another
    plural : natural ability <has all the tools to be a great pitcher>
    Origin of TOOL

Middle English, from Old English tōl; akin to Old English tawian to prepare for use — more at taw
    First Known Use: before 12th century
    Other Hardware Terms

adze, auger, awl, chock, ferrule, punch, tang
    Rhymes with TOOL

boule, boulle, cool, drool, fool, fuel, ghoul, gul, mewl, mule, pool, Poole, pul, pule, rule, school, spool, stool, tulle, yule
    QUOTE=cyberer;12796536]Tool is calling out someone based on your own misguided perceptions on the "morality" of autographing.

Tool is not selling an item that you rightfully own that someone else wants to buy.

Collecting isn't free, and recouping your investment by selling some of your haul is just plain responsible finances.[/QUOTE]

BANNED

Country

Cyberer.....so with EJ giving you info on Will Smith, which was your huge ultimate White Whale.....he gets nothing when you get 2? And I don't believe you have ever given me one single "tip" at all. I even helped you reach over numerous people at the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs game to get Ryan Howard on the jersey you picked up at a thrift store......remember that! I believe I also helped you get Ryne Sandberg the same exact day. I think the 2 tips you gave were both in Wilkes Barre which is very far for most people and they were for the "The Office" and the SWB Yankees for a rehab start. If you turn around and look at that Rectangular thing behind you.....it's a door! By turning the knob and pushing and or pulling it will open.....don't worry about closing it behind you......I'm sure it will do it by itself! I'd like to actually quote AOL messenger from back in the day........"Good Bye"

SCF Rewards
    Country

Show me where I have 2 will smiths. It's news to me. I got one, and my mom and brother are mad to this day I didn't get one extra.

Also, I used google street view for about an hour the night before planning my strategy. I don't want to single anyone out, but I'm not sure what information I got from him that I actually USED.

I could be completely misremembering, but I only got 1 will smith.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dmoney24246's Items on eBay

I think we all need to stop getting into arguments about things that are not even big deals. We are all in this hobby for the fun of graphing but as we all know it can be expensive too. I got a couple extra Pete Rose promos and gave one to my dad for father's day and one to my uncle as well since he is a huge Rose fan. The other one I was trying to sell to make my money back for the gas i spent getting up to the place. I never meant to start a controversy over it all. I posted it in the philly ink buy/sell page and it was removed for the reason you guys have talked about and I was completely fine with that. I understood, respected it, and didn't say a word. Let's get back to the fun of graphing.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (46)
    Country
    See Brudsie9's Items on eBay

What information have you ever given me about graphing or where to to go for autographs. I've been doing this for a long time and know plenty about it. If I'm not mistaken you came to me for advice on getting malkin. Im not saying you have or haven't helped out others but your "smartest guy in the room" act is getting old. You brought yourself into this conversation as well as a few others that you didn't need to poke your nose in.
    Again, imposing what you think "should" be doesn't make it so. That's what I mean about the moral righteousness. Do what you want to do, I'll do what I want to do. Don't impose your values on anyone else.

I don't say you're an idiot for not selling, which you may be in my opinion, but it's rude for me to say or imply it. So why do you feel it's not rude or that it's ok to judge others? We aren't ruining anything for you.

Players are becoming divas for 10000s of reasons besides their stuff being sold on ebay. That's ruining the hobby, inevitably, and unrelated to selling on ebay.

I do help people that help me. I once sent an ebay seller whom I had messaged a personal collection autograph because he told me that Roy Halladay signs in the parking lot in clearwater once in awhile. Well, duh, everyone signs in the parking lot once in awhile. But I was desperate for Halladay, so for the help, I gave an auto.

I have given and received 50/50, consignments, and mutually beneficial back scratching agreements with Philly Ink people. I think this is all good for business. What I am NOT in the business of doing is making dreams come true. I got 2 mike tysons. Do you really think I don't have friends/family/acquaintances who want this stuff? I tell people upfront that the first one I get goes to me, the 2nd to my brother. If I get some huge help, then sure I'll repay.

Also, I've given out WAY more information than I should, or that the philly dealers would want me to, to people who have asked via PM or anything else- yourself included, both of you, if I'm not mistaken. So ease up off the criticism, boys.

I may not win any popularity contests for giving autos away to members, something I don't feel obligated to do, but I also feel that I contribute to this group. If you disagree, I'm fine with taking the door. I have more to risk ticking off people in the business that I know by posting here, then I have to gain by hearing postings of things I find on twitter anyway. Up to you guys.

I think you all do a great job, but I resent the insinuation that I am someone that uses people on here and doesn't contribute. There are dozens of pure users on here, and I'm not one.

BANNED

Country

Sorry.....2 Tysons
    Show me where I have 2 will smiths. It's news to me. I got one, and my mom and brother are mad to this day I didn't get one extra.

Also, I used google street view for about an hour the night before planning my strategy. I don't want to single anyone out, but I'm not sure what information I got from him that I actually USED.

I could be completely misremembering, but I only got 1 will smith.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (46)
    Country
    See Brudsie9's Items on eBay

Philly boi I respect your honesty. I apologize if you took my post as a personal attack.
    I think we all need to stop getting into arguments about things that are not even big deals. We are all in this hobby for the fun of graphing but as we all know it can be expensive too. I got a couple extra Pete Rose promos and gave one to my dad for father's day and one to my uncle as well since he is a huge Rose fan. The other one I was trying to sell to make my money back for the gas i spent getting up to the place. I never meant to start a controversy over it all. I posted it in the philly ink buy/sell page and it was removed for the reason you guys have talked about and I was completely fine with that. I understood, respected it, and didn't say a word. Let's get back to the fun of graphing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I appreciate the help I get, but I went back and searched the EJ incident, here's what it looked like. I'm not disparaging him- he's a great addition here and helps people out, but he didn't help me get Will Smith. That was the extent of our interaction beforehand, which explains why I didn't remember owing a debt to anyone for the Smith. How can you insinuate that I'm a jerk for not giving him a Tyson?

I have recently given hotel info to philly ink people via PM, thought one of them was ryan, but it wasn't. Like I said, I'll peace out if that's what y'all want.

If my smartest guy routine is getting old, then your "holiest moral guy in the room" act is getting ancient, like an infomercial minister preaching about ruining hobbies and such.

I come on here for information and fun, not to be called out for putting a piece of paper with some marker on it on ebay. I know in this instance it wasn't me called out, but I felt compelled to stick up for the kid, and no, I have no special liking of phillyboi (we've had our differences), but he's not wrong here.

EJ:
    who is there? I went to temple...never heard of graphing outside the building

Originally Posted by cyberer
    hey guys, anyone here go to temple? 1827 N broad, anyone ever graphed there or know the layout outside? Temple Center for Performing Arts.

SCF Rewards
    Country

"Im not saying you have or haven't helped out others but your "smartest guy in the room" act is getting old."

is this Facebook? can i 'like' this quote? that is all i have to say, i'm too argumentive to get in on this one!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know there are a few wrestling fans on here.... so there are some wrestlers coming around!

This Sat at Saturday's Market in Middletown PA, Jimmy Hart will be there from 11-2pm... He will also be at the Harrisburg Senator's game the same night....

July 13th in Voorhees WWE Superstar Sheamus will be at Adventureland store from 12-2.....

And on Aug 1st- Kevin Nash will be at the Reading Phillies game which autograph is free with paid admission and pics with him are $7.....

http://www.wwe.com/schedules/appearances

Page 478 of 556 FirstFirst ... 378428468475476477478479480481488528 ... LastLast