Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

"Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Repealed

I am fine with this. I am just baffled by this statement...

Obama issued a statement saying he is confident that lifting the ban will enhance U.S. national security.

Could somebody please fill me in on how repealing DADT enhances national security? Honestly, I have thought this over and can't think of a single way that knowing who is gay and who is straight in the military will impact national security in any manner. Any ideas?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...est=latestnews

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I am fine with this. I am just baffled by this statement...

Could somebody please fill me in on how repealing DADT enhances national security? Honestly, I have thought this over and can't think of a single way that knowing who is gay and who is straight in the military will impact national security in any manner. Any ideas?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...est=latestnews

Haha, I have no idea. Aside from maybe the fact that it's repeal will encourage more gays to join up. All he has to do is to just say that he did it because it was the morally right thing to do.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

On the cool I was in favor for leaving the dont ask dont tell law just the way it was. Here is my reasoning. If you are in the military you are an employee of the united states gov't. Who you are attratcted to and what you do in the bedroom is your business and not the gov't. Why would you want the gov't to know any more of your personal business besides what they need to know? If someone is in the service and gets asks about their sexual preference they should reply none of your business.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

mrveggieman, great post. this is not only true in this case but personally as well. Being married for 20 years, i am not seeking a sexual relationship, therefore, i could care less about your sexual preferences. i won't ask you and please don't tell me, i just don't care.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

On the cool I was in favor for leaving the dont ask dont tell law just the way it was. Here is my reasoning. If you are in the military you are an employee of the united states gov't. Who you are attratcted to and what you do in the bedroom is your business and not the gov't. Why would you want the gov't to know any more of your personal business besides what they need to know? If someone is in the service and gets asks about their sexual preference they should reply none of your business.

In some sort of wierd way I agree. I think they could have lightened the law to not require discharge. I could care less if you are gay or straight, but I don't want to know about your bedroom either way......This is just a pandering move IMO.
    Last edited by sanfran22; 09-20-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Transferred Feedback
    NSCF(1)
    Country

in some sort of wierd way i agree. I think they could have lightened the law to not require discharge. I could care less if you are gay or straight, but i don't want to know about your bedroom either way......

+1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Haha, I have no idea. Aside from maybe the fact that it's repeal will encourage more gays to join up. All he has to do is to just say that he did it because it was the morally right thing to do.

My thought as well.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @DaClyde See daclyde1's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio

Repealing DADT doesn't mean the military now has to know who is gay and who is straight, it means they don't have to care about it anymore and can get on with more important matters. It's a simple matter of priorities. Now that all the DADT-related personnel investigations are irrelevant, the investigators can now focus on actual security related problems and stop wasting their time trying to railroad someone out of the military. Also, the affected military population can now stop worrying about hiding part of their life and can be more focused on their job without the constant fear of being investigated and dischaged. Both of those things lead to better security and those are just the obvious points.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Repealing DADT doesn't mean the military now has to know who is gay and who is straight, it means they don't have to care about it anymore and can get on with more important matters. It's a simple matter of priorities. Now that all the DADT-related personnel investigations are irrelevant, the investigators can now focus on actual security related problems and stop wasting their time trying to railroad someone out of the military. Also, the affected military population can now stop worrying about hiding part of their life and can be more focused on their job without the constant fear of being investigated and dischaged. Both of those things lead to better security and those are just the obvious points.

I guess if you really think that there was that much manpower going into investigating homosexual troops then that might make sense.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @DaClyde See daclyde1's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio

I guess if you really think that there was that much manpower going into investigating homosexual troops then that might make sense.

Any amount was a waste and a distraction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast