Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mickey Mantle signed, need help it is real or fake?

I have Mickey Mantle signed ball, his full name and number 7 on ball. The ball is official american league under Gene Budig. I need help to determine its real or fake signed on the ball. I paid $150 for it, I know it was risk to do that, but hope it is real.

Here picture of his signed ball.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/197/mickeyr.jpg/

thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mickey has to be one if not THE most forged baseball player ever. I am NO expert what so ever, but just first glance, the spacing between Mickey & Mantle seems very off, The autograph itself looks to be alittle small. Quick glance on ebay & the PSA certified ones are more bold. Name is signed bigger. Even the "No 7" doesnt appear right. Just going off PSA certified auctions on ebay. I could be way off base but if that was mine & i bought it relatively recently i would be contacting the seller & telling them its going to PSA or wherever & if it comes back Not Authentic, then i would like a full refund. If there a reputable seller, they would have no problem with this.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have a few real Mantle autographs and if I was a betting man, I would say without a doubt that it is fake. Not to mention all of the examples I can find of the NO 7 inscription that have PSA certs......the N and O all touch one another.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Doesn't look good to me brother.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Fake as a one legged prostitute. The m's are too small and look jagged like someone was writing slowly. The tails in the Ms arent the right angle. U need a refund!

Country

Just look at how good the ink is on it, looks brand new

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See LucicCrew's Items on eBay

Sorry buddy. The two clues that tip me off to this is how white that ball is and how (to borrow a term) jagged the auto looks. Doesn't look fluid enough to be legitimate.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See www_sportscollectors_net's Items on eBay

I'd certainly pass on this one. The M's just don't look right.
    Hidden Content - Largest autograph community - over 30,000 members and 800,000 successes by mail. We average over 300 new successes reported each day.
    Hidden Content - 100% FREE Real Time Sports Card Price Guide, Comparison Shopping, Deal Finder & Collector Tools
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

well i think its too new of a ink to to be a mickey and the 7 is off never seen that

SCF Rewards
    Country

When it comes to "The Mick" anything that isn't UDA should be treated as a fake- the forgery market for his stuff is THAT bad.