Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hi, I'm interested in the Arms of Nations set.

Also can you tell me a bit of the 1890 Duke postage series? I'm interested but don't know much about it. Also a price too, thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

how much dlvd for

mercury
    fishing boat
    pan
    neptune

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It's 1 card :)
    The set is around 1400.00 :)
    I have 3 of the set,they are hard to come by at a fair price. That one is 18,the other 2 have paper loss on the back, they are 10.00ea. Based on how I grade, I would call the other 2 Poor condition. based on how tobacco cards are graded they would be Fair to good.
    I would rather undergrade and be more critical than over grade and piss people off :)

What would you like to know >?
    The set was released in Duke Tobacco packs of 10 cigarettes/Small Cigars as a stiffener to make the pack less flexible. The set consists of 50 cards and display a used stamp ranging in values from 1 cent to 10.00

Most cards can be had for 6-8.00 in Good to V-good. The cards in EX tend to go for 12-15. A lot of Fair/good 8 count sold on ebay earlier this week. 2 had paper-loss on the back,but over all 6.00ea was a good price :)
    Mine is 4.00 :)
    I graded it poor to be safe and what I felt was accurate.

It is NOT a hard set to build,one I can help with.

Here is a simple fact you find in no other area of the card hobby .....A set has MORE value than the sum total of it's singles.
    So,say You get all of the cards for 4-5. Even if the set is F/G the catalog price is 400 USD (its in pounds but I converted :P :)
    400 is the value on a G graded set,over all.
    A F/G set would sell for 300-325 but can be acquired,over time, for 200-225 :)

now
    On the Arms of nation set
    you can sell a POOR set for 1000, 20 per card
    A G/VG set would bring 1800-2000
    The set is VERY hard to complete because people do not let them go. You have to wait for someone to decide to sell or "find" some and list them or sell them at a show.
    I do not go where shows offer such,so I end up paying a fee per card most of the times. At 18 FS, I paid 12.00, the other 2 at 10ea I paid 6-7ea
    So, I tack mine on and try to stay below visual grade price.

Now,if I have not bored you stiff.
    If you are into graded,the value goes up exponentially
    A card with half of the paper gone on the back from being in a book usually will not get graded by PSA due ot the baseball mentality.
    But, a card with slightly rounded corners,no creases and half of the back gone,paper-wise, would grade up to a 40. That would be comparable,per scale, to a PSA 4-5
    PSA is only stringent on paper-loss,silliest thing in the word TBH,but so many baseball card dealers are making the move I did and htey are jammed up PSA butt. The "old" traders are all on SGC because SGC CAN accurately grade Tobacco and PSA cannot :P

Let me fetch an example ;P

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T80-Tolstoi-...item45fd725a9f
    That is a PSA 1......
    In the hobby, no one would even bother grading it because it is the far end of poor. The only way it could be worse is if a chunk of card was missing. PSA should have tendered an A grade for authentic,without afixing a Grade level...ROokie grading :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T73-Hassan-I...item45fd1e81d5

ALSO a PSA 1.
    It would be an SGC 30 MAYBE

Look at the 2 cards,see how radically different the level of damage is.
    Check the numbers,both cards were graded the same year :)

And finally

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Timothy-Tim-...item4cf9ed3452

So sad
    Per Tobacco grading, it is a 30-40
    What is so sad is if he had sent me the card I could have made the back beautiful. he has glue and paper on it, not paper loss. PSA does not know how or care why Soaking is used and how it re-gains a cards value and appearance.
    Oh well, I hope the guy who purchased it knows someone who does know how to do non invasive card restoration

I have people sending me cards for repqair now on a fairly regular basis. I only remove glue and paper. I do not "clean" the card. I do not alter its appearance beyond removing excess paper.

Some people have no integrity and PSA...well...it's a wonder people still use them where tobacco is concerned ;0
    Allow me to share a photo o :)

Thats what some people do. That IS altering the card and is destroying the integrity as well as screwing people from the top down
    Good ol' PSA.....wish they would stick to baseball :)
    That is a "Bleached" card. In normal light it would look like a near pack pulled based on how vibrant it would be.

Here is what i do

i do not alter the card :) But I do make it a better card to own

Ok

I hope I havent bored you to death and I hope I went so far as too flood you with so much data you feel compelled to purchase

I am struggling to create a Tobacco driven collector base and it is an uphill battle.
    A few things
    Tobacco cards never devalue except when condition changes
    The value in Tobacco exceeds other cards in the sum total is worth less than the whole. Set form trumps single totals in price paid and sold ;)
    Tobacco cards are HISTORY. Baseball cards are a PART of history.
    Whats more cool, your 50.00 Gordon bekham auto or your 50.00 1888 Allen & Ginter A(insert any card here) ? To me it is a hands down no brainer

You should see my tables at shows. It's like watching a girl who is interested in a guy,but is too shy to approach him :p
    Poeople walk by, look around, walk back by,.say hi, talk about some random thing and then start to want to touch EVERYTHING :P Guys who do only football,will stop and talk and ask to see...to HOLD.
    I mean, 130 yr old TObacco card commands...reverence :)

YES !

I am passionate about my hobby

Thanks for indulging my half-awake ramblings :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

how much dlvd for

mercury
    fishing boat
    pan
    neptune

mercury 2.00
    fishing boat 1.00
    pan 2.00
    neptune 2.00

2.00 flat on shipping.

If you also give me an idea of what you like...I have about 1800 unscanned :P

I am also going to offer 100 ct lots of 1909-1936 Tobacco cards for 35.00 dlvd in the US to get people interested in this.
    I figure at that price,if they dont like it they can list them in 10, 10 card lots for 3.99 and make a profit and walk away without being sore,like you can in other hobby areas :P

SCF Rewards
    Country

i'll let u know later today because i saw ur other thread where u have a lot of 20 for 10 bucks..so i might go that route..but i will let u know later today!

thank you
    joey

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

i'll let u know later today because i saw ur other thread where u have a lot of 20 for 10 bucks..so i might go that route..but i will let u know later today!

thank you
    joey

Sure thing !

But just so you know

100 cards for 35 dlvd
    is Better than 20 for 10 dlvd :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks. I would be interested in all three of Arms of Nations cards you have. Plus the 1890 Duke postage a lot of 100 cards you posted in the other thread. PLMK the total price with s/h.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks. I would be interested in all three of Arms of Nations cards you have. Plus the 1890 Duke postage a lot of 100 cards you posted in the other thread. PLMK the total price with s/h.

70.00 dlvd

I also send Freebies with orders over 25.00, so enjoy those :) I use freebies to get people hooked on other cards/sets,it's my evil long term plan !

EDIT: Was charging shipping twice, lol
    70 not 75

SCF Rewards
    Country

70.00 dlvd

I also send Freebies with orders over 25.00, so enjoy those :) I use freebies to get people hooked on other cards/sets,it's my evil long term plan !

EDIT: Was charging shipping twice, lol
    70 not 75

Great, post it up. Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sure thing !

But just so you know

100 cards for 35 dlvd
    is Better than 20 for 10 dlvd :)

100 for 35 is alot better, but i dont have that much right now, i will at the end of the month so i think i will wait till the end of the month if thats ok? hopefully u still them available

- Joey

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast