Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

just a personal thing.

i'll pass on espn and monday night football tonight, since they pulled hank willians jr because he used his freedom of speech rights and expressed his opinion.

Ya kinda stupid but im still watching lol
    Card Scans:
    Hidden Content

#ed / RCS / Inserts:
    Hidden Content

i missed what he said.
    Looking for On card autos. Bowman Chrome, Ultimate Collection, SPA, etc. Collection:Hidden Content
    My Bucket is 95 percent auto rcs, Im sorry if i dont respond, i get busy and get sidetracked. Sometimes dont respond because I am not interested. Please dont say cmb when you dont have anything of similar value. Its really frustrating. Be realistic.

yes i too missed what he said, what happened.

Im sure they were broken up about your absence, bearfield!

Basically, Hank Williams compared President Obama and House Speaker John Boehner playing golf together this summer to Hitler and Netanyahu playing together. The exact quote was "Come on! It'd be like Hitler playing golf with (Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin) Netanyahu."

Collecting PEYTON MANNING, CAL RIPKEN JR, AUSTIN COLLIE AND CURRENT COLTS
    **IN THAT ORDER, PEYTON TAKES PRIORITY**

Here's the thing. He has his freedom of speech. He was free to make the comments that he did. THEN you need to look at his EMPLOYER and the image they have to portray. HWJ was free to make those comments, and ESPN had the freedom to nix him from their program for what he said. Freedom of speech doesn't mean that you can say whatever you want, damn the consequences. :)
    >>> Click For PhotoBucket >>> Hidden Content

View ALL My Memorabilia Here:
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by timb69 View Post
    Here's the thing. He has his freedom of speech. He was free to make the comments that he did. THEN you need to look at his EMPLOYER and the image they have to portray. HWJ was free to make those comments, and ESPN had the freedom to nix him from their program for what he said. Freedom of speech doesn't mean that you can say whatever you want, damn the consequences. :)
    Absolutely agree.
    My Bucket: Hidden Content

Looking for high end:
    99' PTT Autos: Walter, & Emmitt - 01' Quantum Leaf AMM: Barry & Emmitt - BGS 9.5 HOF RCs

Dual/Triple Autos or Multicolor Patches of Walter/Barry/Emmitt/Brown

To add sometimes what's in your heart isn't always the best thing and then as we see here consequences follow.

Brian

I just want to know the idiot who asked HWJ a poltical question? That guy deserves to be fired, obviously he's a troll in disgueise.
    Main PC: Broncos/Montee Ball/Chris Borland/ Mike Glennon
    Looking for Fleer Retro(or older Metal) Metal Universe/GEMS Cards

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content /Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by frizzzlecake View Post
    I just want to know the idiot who asked HWJ a poltical question? That guy deserves to be fired, obviously he's a troll in disgueise.
    Darn straight. But the fact is that he didn't compare Hitler to Obama on ESPNs watch. He did it on his own time. I don't think ESPN should punish him at all.
    Blog: Hidden Content
    Steven Jackson Collection- 30 RCs, 160 #D, 182 GU/Patch, 23 AU, 8 Au/Jsy, Three 1/1
    Jermaine Gresham: 29 RCs, 26 #D, 30 GU/Patch, 25 AU, 29 Au/Jsy
    Steelers: 74 #D, 37 GU/Patch, 22 AU, 6 AU/GU
    Josh Johnson: 16 RCs, 9 #D, 17 Autos

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast