Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: just a personal thing.

Country

just a personal thing.

i'll pass on espn and monday night football tonight, since they pulled hank willians jr because he used his freedom of speech rights and expressed his opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ya kinda stupid but im still watching lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

i missed what he said.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers
    See dawg-pound-nation's Items on eBay

yes i too missed what he said, what happened.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Indianapolis Colts Baltimore Orioles

Im sure they were broken up about your absence, bearfield!

Basically, Hank Williams compared President Obama and House Speaker John Boehner playing golf together this summer to Hitler and Netanyahu playing together. The exact quote was "Come on! It'd be like Hitler playing golf with (Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin) Netanyahu."

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ghoster1765's Items on eBay

Here's the thing. He has his freedom of speech. He was free to make the comments that he did. THEN you need to look at his EMPLOYER and the image they have to portray. HWJ was free to make those comments, and ESPN had the freedom to nix him from their program for what he said. Freedom of speech doesn't mean that you can say whatever you want, damn the consequences. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here's the thing. He has his freedom of speech. He was free to make the comments that he did. THEN you need to look at his EMPLOYER and the image they have to portray. HWJ was free to make those comments, and ESPN had the freedom to nix him from their program for what he said. Freedom of speech doesn't mean that you can say whatever you want, damn the consequences. :)

Absolutely agree.

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @Varietyofcards See Weekendwarriorsportscards's Items on eBay

To add sometimes what's in your heart isn't always the best thing and then as we see here consequences follow.

Brian

Country
    See Frizzzlecake's Items on eBay

I just want to know the idiot who asked HWJ a poltical question? That guy deserves to be fired, obviously he's a troll in disgueise.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I just want to know the idiot who asked HWJ a poltical question? That guy deserves to be fired, obviously he's a troll in disgueise.

Darn straight. But the fact is that he didn't compare Hitler to Obama on ESPNs watch. He did it on his own time. I don't think ESPN should punish him at all.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast