Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

ESPN pulls MNF intro after Hank Williams Jr compares Obama to Hitler.

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

3 things on this:

1. You're not a real country musician until you compare the Democrats to Hitler. Just like you aren't a real punk band until you compare the Republicans to Hitler.

2. Frankly, I'm impressed that Hank Williams Jr. knew enough about Netenyahu to use him in an analogy.

3. We have freedom of speech in this country. He can say whatever he wants to say, and if he believes it, he shouldn't have to apologize to anybody.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am sorry but in ways he is right he just used the wrong person to use by saying hitler

SCF Rewards
    Country

When i say he used the wrong person i mean a diff name wouldnt have gotten him kicked off monday night and i dont think he should say he is sorry i think he has his right to say what he thinks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Yes HW Jr does have a legal right to say whatever he wants and should not and cannot be punished by the gov't for saying so. However what he said was very tasteless and offensive and ESPN should fire him.

SCF Rewards
    Country

When you are a sports icon u gotta watch everything ( not that he is sports i am just saying maybe he should have thought it and not said it ) but again he said what he felt

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I find it odd that this guy was on FOX and friends. lol

I know he made the comparison for shock value, but why are people still shocked when people compare someone to hitler? When I hear anyone doing that and it's not a person who either has his mustache style or isn't trying to exterminate an entire race I completely dismiss his opinion. It's a complete farce of a comparison in my book.

I could care less if he said it or if he apologizes for it. I'd be more offended if he did apologize at this point.

As far as ESPN, they have every right to remove him from their telecasts for what he's out publicly saying. I for one don't think many people would stop watching MNF if he was still being used for the open, last night or in the future. I like the open, i guess, but It could use a makeover after 20 years so I really have no opinion about him being on or off the broadcasts from here on out.

His statement that other sided politicians are "enemies" is a sad editorial of where a lot of people are at in this day and age. I get that there are differences of ideals and values, but sad that people see it so divided.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Yes HW Jr does have a legal right to say whatever he wants and should not and cannot be punished by the gov't for saying so. However what he said was very tasteless and offensive and ESPN should fire him.

People have a right to say what they want. I don't believe Champion should have dropped Rashard Mendenhall because of his Osama Bin Laden comments, and I don't think that Hank Williams Jr should be disciplined at all. If he would have worked an Obama/Hitler comparison during his pre-game song, then yeah, ESPN should have an issue with that, because he said something offensive at work. But on his own time? Let him go.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I find it odd that this guy was on FOX and friends. lol

I know he made the comparison for shock value, but why are people still shocked when people compare someone to hitler? When I hear anyone doing that and it's not a person who either has his mustache style or isn't trying to exterminate an entire race I completely dismiss his opinion. It's a complete farce of a comparison in my book.

I could care less if he said it or if he apologizes for it. I'd be more offended if he did apologize at this point.

As far as ESPN, they have every right to remove him from their telecasts for what he's out publicly saying. I for one don't think many people would stop watching MNF if he was still being used for the open, last night or in the future. I like the open, i guess, but It could use a makeover after 20 years so I really have no opinion about him being on or off the broadcasts from here on out.

His statement that other sided politicians are "enemies" is a sad editorial of where a lot of people are at in this day and age. I get that there are differences of ideals and values, but sad that people see it so divided.

Well said.

Transferred Feedback
    NSCF(1)
    Country

3 things on this:

1. You're not a real country musician until you compare the Democrats to Hitler. Just like you aren't a real punk band until you compare the Republicans to Hitler.

2. Frankly, I'm impressed that Hank Williams Jr. knew enough about Netenyahu to use him in an analogy.

3. We have freedom of speech in this country. He can say whatever he wants to say, and if he believes it, he shouldn't have to apologize to anybody.

Freedom of speech only goes so far. That being said, he works for MNF and he pissed them off...

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast