Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (17)
    Country

So you are saying that if I want to add cards 1-10 of a certain set to my inventory, I can just click-shift (I have a Mac) and select a large number of cards? I have been doing everything as single cards, which is not that bad, but is time consuming. The good thing is that it is making re-look at all of my cards.

No. Once you've found your set in the 'search card sets' function, the checklist will come up. There's a pull down menu that says "action:" From there you can set the quantity to 1 minimum. That would indicate that you have the complete set. From there, you can delete cards you don't have, move them to the PC, and then synch with your want list so your missing cards show up to in your want list as the ones you have are added to your PC.

Now if you have only a handful of cards to be entered, then there's another function that says "to enter many cards...". This will bring you to a page where it's just the numbers of the cards. Click which ones you have and then return back to 'view full card set checklist'. You can then add to PC, etc.

Also, question about scanning. I have been entering my 1991 UD Baseball, and when I do, no images come up of many of the cards. Does this mean they are not entered in the database? And if they are not in the base, when I scan them, does that mean mine fill out those cards? Or does SCF have someone who scans cards into the master database? I would say more than 3/4 of the cards I am entering for that year don't come up with an image....

I think if it's base and someone has entered that card with a photo, then it'll show up on all base card inventories. If it's a GU/auto/mem/#'d card, then a photo may appear if someone else has uploaded the picture, but when you enter your card into your inventory, you have to put the scan of your own card, since those types of cards are pretty specific. If there is no image that comes up, then nobody has upload an image for that particular card yet.

correct me if I'm wrong, Luc. I want to make sure my understanding of this is correct too.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (17)
    Country

tiger tiger, on the set page. If you select set all cards to 1 and then select all the cards, you can then edit all the cards a bit like on a spreedsheet all at once.

I figured it out while playing around with it. I'm spending more time updating my inventory instead of looking for cards...lol.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

If you want to add cards but with no scan from a cardset, use the cardset search, open the set in question and then use the top righ link to use the fast entry. This list only the card number and you can just click on number to up the quantity by one. SO let say you just open a box of upper deck, I know I place then in card number order and then it the crdset fast entry page and click once on the number and if I have three I click three time. If you leave the mouse over the card number you will see the player name and quantity you have. Also card number in bold, you have some and then other you don't. This is the fastest way to add cards.

The other way is to select on the card set page the option in the combobox and set them all to 1 quantity. Then you can either just use the check box to select the card you want to delete, this can be really fast in some case and once you are done slecting the cards to delete, hit the action combo box and select delete selected cards.

A other way is to set all cards to 1 from the action combobox and then click on the checkbox in the header of the page and then select edit the selected cards and you can then edit the cards number to what ever quantity you have. This is faster in case where you have almost all base and can have 7 or 12 of each. You can just put the right quantity for each cards. I also suggest if you work on a long set, to save you work from time to time as the change happen only if you click enter or use the save button.

Then if you need scan the method is the one by one option only.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

I made a small video (need flash installed on your browser to view it) that explain the various way to add cards using the cardset page.
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/demo/...twaytoadd.html

Hope this help understand better

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Reds
    See sxetnrdrmr2112's Items on eBay

CHLuke ,and tigertiger...you guys just made my life a whole bunch easier!!! What has been taking me days will now just take hours!!

Can't wait to get the rest of my cards in now!

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

This is why it's good to ask questions

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (17)
    Country

CHLuke ,and tigertiger...you guys just made my life a whole bunch easier!!! What has been taking me days will now just take hours!!

Can't wait to get the rest of my cards in now!

No worries. CHLuke has helped quite a bit. I've just been using it for less than a week. I haven't had time to work out categories yet (see CHLuke's inventory).

Also remember to use the "set team" function after you've entered the cards. You can do this as you go along. This helps the search function categorize your cards by team, which can be helpful for team collectors.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

When you create a group. it's done in the public inventory section. Mainly you need when in My Inventory tab click on view my inventory to get to the public section. When you create a group, you actually store a internet address and a title.

How it;s done is that if you want to create a Trader auto, hit the trader's tab and then the attribute Autograph found on the left column and the hit the top right link : Add a new category and name it Trader Auto. If you want a Trader RC group, make sure to remove all the filter on the left column in blue text by clicking on the red X and start again, click on the traders tab and click on the Rookie attribute and then click on Add a new category and name it Trader RC. Want a jersey group, remove the filter in the left column in blue and then Hit trader tab and then memorabilia attribute, click on Add a new category and name it Trader Memorabilia. Mainly the link below is athe page to show my Trader auto

https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/i.../0/sort/cvdesc

https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/i...ndLuke/page/1/
    at1/au/
    pc/0/
    sort/cvdesc

If you look at the address break down at1/au mean auto attribute, PC/0 mean traders and the last one is that I define a sorting. SO in a group we actually store the internet address. So it's important to understand that before you create a group you need to actually make the query that you want for the group by doing it first and then you create the group and the title need to match the action you done prior to create it. So when a group is called we simply get the internet address to show the group content. If you create a group but did not do the search first by appliying the filter that will corespond to the group then you will not see what the title say but what you saw prior to creating the group.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Reds
    See sxetnrdrmr2112's Items on eBay

ok, another question...how do you use the Set Team part of the inventory. It doesn't seem like it is communicating with any part of my card inventory...

ok, ignore the above question. Just found the instructions. I follow them, but no cards come up randomly. Do you have to have images of the card for this to work?
    Last edited by xpucksx; 03-04-2013 at 09:46 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (17)
    Country

ok...I'm trying to use the trade links to my cards.

First try, I think I screwed up. I forgot to add the cards and linked it to the trade. Any way to undo/edit this?

Second try on another trade, added the cards correctly, but forgot to click 'remove the cards from my inventory'. Went to try to fix the first link, now the first card shows up in the 2nd trade.

Clicked some other cards to try to adjust other trades and it all goes to the 2nd trade.
    Last edited by tiger tiger; 03-05-2013 at 03:51 AM.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast