Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Right now they will go all as trader or all as PC is you make the selection in the combobox. But when you press the button to let the card in your inventory, you will see the edit pen icon aprear and then you can use the list in the trade manager to upload scan and or set ti to PC if you have both with in a trade. So very easy to work with since directly from the list you can edit the cards as soon as you added them.

I made many change in the past week to tweek it to make it easier to work with it since just last week I made like 7 big trades. SO I code thing like the pen icon to let you edit the cards and other things as well.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (17)
    Country

Well, I got almost 80 cards entered. A long way from your 16,000+.

Is there an easy way to scan pictures of cards? I scan groups of cards and then copy and crop. Trying to get myself motivated for the inserts.

How does the search engine work? Is it linked to some database?

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Yes we maintain a card database and if you look at the My Inventory tab search they represent each feild. Player are indexed but it's not perfect as at time the cards may not be added to a index. What the index does is make the search really fast. So for cards older then a year are all indexed but the most recent stuff, some cards may not. Mainly the player index kick in only if in the player name feild you type the exact same name as we have it in the player table. If you put only the last name then it search all the cards in hockey for a occurance of this last name and may take longer. One quick way to index a player you collect like I I break some new product and I collect Carey Price, I used once the player search and did click on add to PC. Then in My Inventory tab on the right menu the player list there and if I clcik on the numbers to bring the stats, it will index any new cards that may have been missed. So it come in handy to keep your player fully index all the time as it make searching for him less then a second for the query. Also the player name is always the best way to start a search. SO If I need to make a carey query I alway click on the player name and then add the year set card number that I need.

Now at time the card number may not always match. This is true for letter like SPML, often with new set Panini or UD will list them as number but the card number are really letter so if you do not get a match remove the card number if there are letter and it may show up.

Also in the set name section If you put 2012-13 upper deck, it will remove the 2012-13 and put the year to 2012. This is great as it speed up the search and you do not have to remove the year from the set name.

Also there is the additional card string feild where often I will add one or two word. To get a match they need to be consecutive. A good example is let say you enter 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Retro in the set name, this will fail because the word need to be consecutive and the set name is really O-Pee-Chee 1979-80 Retro. so if you put O-Pee-Chee only in the set name feild and put only retro in the additional card string feild, this will pull the cards. as one query the set name and the other, we have a feild where we have the full card string in it under this format:
    2008-09 O-Pee-Chee 1979-80 Retro #2 Dan Hinote
    So O-Pee-Chee will be found in the set name and Retro will be found in the card string and you will have a match.

if you put this exact string in the Additional Search Text:
    2008-09 O-Pee-Chee 1979-80 Retro #2 Dan Hinote
    It will pull only this card, same if you put
    09 O-Pee-Chee 1979-80 Retro #2

since it consecutive it will pull the card
    same if you put only
    O-Pee-Chee 1979-80 Retro #2
    since there is only one set name like this and only one card # 2

So you need to play with it and you will understand how to work with it. But string always need to be consecutive to get a match.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (17)
    Country

I haven't had time to look up the base set inventory, so I'm going to be lazy and ask here. I am looking to keep a log of my completed sets, on-going sets, and 2nd and 3rd sets.

Is there a way of loading the entire set? I see the quick select function, I still have to select all the cards.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (17)
    Country

**Figured it out.

THIS INVENTORY MANAGER IS F'N AWESOME! SERIOUSLY.
    Last edited by tiger tiger; 03-01-2013 at 02:59 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bugerbaker's Items on eBay

Thanks, but it doesn't really answer the question. Since i'm just starting out i'm building my inventory before i start making trades. all i want is to be able to use the picture already available and put the team. i plan on inputing ALL of my cards wich is more cards then i can even imagine counting because every single one of them will be available for trade. the way it's set up now, i will never have an image because i don't own a scanner and even if i did i would never have the time to scan hundreds of thousands of cards.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Well I did answer your question, you have to upload your own image and if you can't because you do not have a scanner, what do you want me to do. When trading the card you trade, if you have a image, it as to be your card, not someone else card. The reason is simple, member want to see what they will get not someone else card. So if you can't scan them, we can't do a thing about it. You can trade a signature with the card of someone else. What if the card is a serial card and I see 27/50 patch trhee color but you send me a 1 color serial 12/50, that would be false representation. This is why you need to show your card and not someone else cards. If you can't scan them at least you are not doing misrepresentation of the card. When trading and this is for all traders you can't use someone else images, period. If you can't scan them then tell the other person you do not have a scanner and that is it. But we can't help you if you can take the images of your cards. That is up to you and nothing we can do to help you on this.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (17)
    Country

Thanks, but it doesn't really answer the question. Since i'm just starting out i'm building my inventory before i start making trades. all i want is to be able to use the picture already available and put the team. i plan on inputing ALL of my cards wich is more cards then i can even imagine counting because every single one of them will be available for trade. the way it's set up now, i will never have an image because i don't own a scanner and even if i did i would never have the time to scan hundreds of thousands of cards.

If it's GU/auto/#'d/mem, then you should scan in your card. WYSIWYG. You'd have to do it for ebay if you were selling there.

Some traders like looking through buckets, so they may ask for scans anyway. Some like to see the actual condition of the card too, color of patch/jersey, etc.

I started with cards that I thought were going to get a lot of requests anyway for scans. IMO, there's no point worrying about a scanning in a 2001 Pacific Valeri Bure jersey or a Patrick Eaves Rookie Class card before you can start selling/trading.

As for base cards/sets, there's the 'search card set' function. If you have a complete set, you can enter in all into the inventory. If you're looking to sell 50 complete sets as singles, 200 cards per set, you could have 10000 cards in your inventory within an hour. That would include Young Guns, Future Watch RCs, double, triple, quad diamonds. Anything with a regular number and is part of the main set. You can add sub-sets quite easily too.

It can get tedious if you only have partial sets. Then you have to manually delete the ones that you don't have (after selecting the entire set), or manually click each card you do have.

For cards in your want list, the photo may pop up automatically so you can see what the card looks like.

I recently scanned in all my traders into photobucket and organized it. So it's a little more work to crop them into individual photos, but it's pretty easy to upload into the inventory.

Look in my inventory. I had nothing in it 2 days ago. All I had was an organized photobucket trader page.

Now I'd just scan 9 cards at a time, upload into photobucket. Crop each card, while creating a new file (this function is pretty useful in photobucket), and then uploading into my sub-albums in my traders page.

To upload into the Inventory Manager, I search out the card, download the scanned picture from photobucket, upload it into the Inventory manager. This process takes no more than a 1/2 minute.

Also, when I download the file from photobucket, I have a hard copy on my computer as a back up. Photobucket re-vamped it's format and I lost all my photos. That's why I scanned everything again.

There is the back up function on the Inventory Manager which you can download and open as a spreadsheet. Handy for making detailed lists.
    Last edited by tiger tiger; 03-01-2013 at 03:34 AM.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

tiger tiger, on the set page. If you select set all cards to 1 and then select all the cards, you can then edit all the cards a bit like on a spreedsheet all at once.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Reds
    See sxetnrdrmr2112's Items on eBay

tiger tiger, on the set page. If you select set all cards to 1 and then select all the cards, you can then edit all the cards a bit like on a spreedsheet all at once.

So you are saying that if I want to add cards 1-10 of a certain set to my inventory, I can just click-shift (I have a Mac) and select a large number of cards? I have been doing everything as single cards, which is not that bad, but is time consuming. The good thing is that it is making re-look at all of my cards.

Also, question about scanning. I have been entering my 1991 UD Baseball, and when I do, no images come up of many of the cards. Does this mean they are not entered in the database? And if they are not in the base, when I scan them, does that mean mine fill out those cards? Or does SCF have someone who scans cards into the master database? I would say more than 3/4 of the cards I am entering for that year don't come up with an image....

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast