Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Obama Jobs Bill Likely To Face Defeat in Senate

Gotta say, I am surprised the Senate would kill this.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/11/politi...html?hpt=hp_t2

I found this interesting...

Asked last week if he is laying the groundwork to run against a "do-nothing Congress" -- a reprise of President Harry Truman's 1948 campaign -- Obama told reporters: "If Congress does something, then I can't run against a do-nothing Congress."
    How would he blame a "do-nothing" Congress if it is the Senate that kills this?

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

I don't think Republicans like teachers. I've decided that much.
    Blog: Hidden Content
    Steven Jackson Collection- 30 RCs, 160 #D, 182 GU/Patch, 23 AU, 8 Au/Jsy, Three 1/1
    Jermaine Gresham: 29 RCs, 26 #D, 30 GU/Patch, 25 AU, 29 Au/Jsy
    Steelers: 74 #D, 37 GU/Patch, 22 AU, 6 AU/GU
    Josh Johnson: 16 RCs, 9 #D, 17 Autos

Quote Originally Posted by pghin08 View Post

Without teachers were would the big business owners come from? SMH
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Lol, maybe teachers unions.......
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    Without teachers were would the big business owners come from? SMH
    A lot of them from the same place they are now.
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

Not to correct you however, at the end of the day they might like teachers, it is the NEA they dont like.
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

It will require 60 votes to move it forward....There are not 60 Dems in the Senate so not enough votes ....just more Washington Politics
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

This is how the Country has been run for so long. Why would it change for Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by madman1978 View Post
    It will require 60 votes to move it forward....There are not 60 Dems in the Senate so not enough votes ....just more Washington Politics
    No evidence supports a claim that this is partisan politics. The Dems hold 53 seats so they would only need 7 Republicans to come along, something they usually have no trouble getting. If the bill was of true value then it would pass.

My guess is that when this comes to a vote you will be surprised to see some Dems voting NO as well.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    No evidence supports a claim that this is partisan politics. The Dems hold 53 seats so they would only need 7 Republicans to come along, something they usually have no trouble getting. If the bill was of true value then it would pass.

My guess is that when this comes to a vote you will be surprised to see some Dems voting NO as well.
    That's so cute. If this were the case, most of us would have no problem with the way Congress runs the show.
    Blog: Hidden Content
    Steven Jackson Collection- 30 RCs, 160 #D, 182 GU/Patch, 23 AU, 8 Au/Jsy, Three 1/1
    Jermaine Gresham: 29 RCs, 26 #D, 30 GU/Patch, 25 AU, 29 Au/Jsy
    Steelers: 74 #D, 37 GU/Patch, 22 AU, 6 AU/GU
    Josh Johnson: 16 RCs, 9 #D, 17 Autos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast