Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Republican debate link

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Republican debate link

It's on this site:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics

I like this format. They are actually letting the candidates talk instead of putting the ridiculous time limits on their answers.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

By the way, this is an economic debate. that is all they are debating.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Ron Paul just OWNED everyone else.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

They've all been pretty solid so far except Bachmann.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

They've all been pretty solid so far except Bachmann.

Surprised?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

No. She is a walking talking point.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

How was it guys? I didn't get to watch it. Penguins home opener here in Pittsburgh.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

It was definitely the best debate so far because they focused entirely on fiscal issues and allowed the candidates to actually debate each other. Cain and Romney came out on top. Paul and Gingrich made some good points on the auditing/disbanding the fed. Santorum was excellent when he got to speak. Perry was a dud. Bachmann was the same.

It was really all about Romney though. He is clearly the best debater. Even when his point is the weaker point in an argument, he comes across as winning. I personally still have Cain on top, followed by Romney and Santorum.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

It was definitely the best debate so far because they focused entirely on fiscal issues and allowed the candidates to actually debate each other. Cain and Romney came out on top. Paul and Gingrich made some good points on the auditing/disbanding the fed. Santorum was excellent when he got to speak. Perry was a dud. Bachmann was the same.

It was really all about Romney though. He is clearly the best debater. Even when his point is the weaker point in an argument, he comes across as winning. I personally still have Cain on top, followed by Romney and Santorum.

I'll have to find it and watch it. I'm totally wiped out from all these debates though. I don't know how they do it. It's like every 10 days now. Given that this one was economic in nature, I owe it to myself to watch it.

Speaking from a Pennsylvanian's perspective, I will NEVER vote for Santorum. He was a joke, and a do-nothing guy. He's an ego-maniacal jerk who cares about nobody but himself. (that last part is from a personal perspective).

Romney is a great debater. However, he just strikes me as the John Kerry of the Republican party. He's "flip-flopped" a lot over his career, and will have a TON of trouble in the election due to his Massachusetts healthcare program.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

I'll have to find it and watch it. I'm totally wiped out from all these debates though. I don't know how they do it. It's like every 10 days now. Given that this one was economic in nature, I owe it to myself to watch it.

Speaking from a Pennsylvanian's perspective, I will NEVER vote for Santorum. He was a joke, and a do-nothing guy. He's an ego-maniacal jerk who cares about nobody but himself. (that last part is from a personal perspective).

Romney is a great debater. However, he just strikes me as the John Kerry of the Republican party. He's "flip-flopped" a lot over his career, and will have a TON of trouble in the election due to his Massachusetts healthcare program.

I agree on your last point, which is why I'm not a huge fan. He comes across as a politician, and his track record of legislation is not great. Cain is a breath of fresh air because he thinks differently from the rest of them. He knows we need to do something bold to fix this economy instead of putting another band aid on it. He was also a fed chairman, so he understands fiscal policy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast