Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57
  1. #1

    Alabama Olive Garden will not fly US flag

    Here's a little something that is going to stir up a lot of emotion. For your viewing pleasure:

    http://blogs.ajc.com/news-to-me/2011...xntlid=thbz_hm
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  2. #2
    Sounds to me like a simple case of some idiot with their own agenda refusing to allow it. Olive Garden says they have no policy against the flag.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  3. #3
    Why did she want to bring it in anyways? Olive Garden has a right to display what they want to.
    Blog: Hidden Content
    Steven Jackson Collection- 30 RCs, 160 #D, 182 GU/Patch, 23 AU, 8 Au/Jsy, Three 1/1
    Jermaine Gresham: 29 RCs, 26 #D, 30 GU/Patch, 25 AU, 29 Au/Jsy
    Steelers: 74 #D, 37 GU/Patch, 22 AU, 6 AU/GU
    Josh Johnson: 16 RCs, 9 #D, 17 Autos

  4. #4
    P.S. Olive Garden's food is horribad...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by pghin08 View Post
    Why did she want to bring it in anyways? Olive Garden has a right to display what they want to.
    I believe that her group had reserved a portion of the restuarant and wanted to hang their banner in that area. According to the response by Olive Garden they have no problem with it. It was an employee, most likely some overzealous assistant manager needing to flex their liberal muscle and protect the rights of those who may be offended by the sight of an American flag.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilfiger1975 View Post
    P.S. Olive Garden's food is horribad...
    Shut your mouth

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilfiger1975 View Post
    P.S. Olive Garden's food is horribad...
    Breadsticks are amazing.


    But in regards to the article........
    Purdue University Class of 2018
    Hidden Content
    Andrew Bailey: 189/240 not including 1/1's (78.8%); 203/436 cards including 1/1's(46.6%)

  7. #7

  8. #8
    I like olive garden's food. It is one of my favorite restaurants. I always order the eggplant parsmesean w/o cheese. But getting back to the topic at hand I respect olive garden's decision not to be bullied in to putting up a flag if that particular store didn't want one up. Some of us like to go out with our families for a nice dining experience and not to have someone's politicial/religious beliefs thrown up in our face. (I get plenty of that here). What's next someone is going to have a fit because a place of public accomodation will not allow them to post a crucifix for everyone to see?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    I like olive garden's food. It is one of my favorite restaurants. I always order the eggplant parsmesean w/o cheese. But getting back to the topic at hand I respect olive garden's decision not to be bullied in to putting up a flag if that particular store didn't want one up. Some of us like to go out with our families for a nice dining experience and not to have someone's politicial/religious beliefs thrown up in our face. (I get plenty of that here). What's next someone is going to have a fit because a place of public accomodation will not allow them to post a crucifix for everyone to see?
    So you find the American flag offensive? There was no religious or political statement.

    And how do you turn a dumb story about some employee who is probably already fired by now into a debate about religion? Someone hanging an American flag and someone hanging a cross are entirely different points.

    Don't take this post OT.
    Last edited by duane1969; 10-13-2011 at 09:55 AM.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    So you find the American flag offensive? There was no religious or political statement.

    And how do you turn a dumb story about some employee who is probably already fired by now into a debate about religion? Someone hanging an American flag and someone hanging a cross are entirely different points.

    Don't take this post OT.

    Not trying to take the post off topic but it's the same principal. Olive garden is a family restaurant designed to serve all people regardles of their color, nationality, religion, etc. The american flag just like a cross are 2 symbols that mean different things to different people. Some people are indefferent to them but most people either love them or hate them. Olive garden wanted to keep their restaurants a comfortable place for all of their patrons regardless of their personal beliefs. I see nothing at all wrong with that.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •