1998 Pacific and 1998 Paramount

I have a quick question about the '98 Pacific and the '98 Pacific Paramount sets. I was wondering what the relative insert rate for the parallel sets were? I believe for the Pacific there were 2 sets: Red and Platinum Blue and for Paramount there were 4: Copper, Silver, Platinum Blue and Red.

I have no idea which were which as far as difficulty to find. Does anyone know these numbers and am I missing any sets in my list?

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroDMD View Post
    I have a quick question about the '98 Pacific and the '98 Pacific Paramount sets. I was wondering what the relative insert rate for the parallel sets were? I believe for the Pacific there were 2 sets: Red and Platinum Blue and for Paramount there were 4: Copper, Silver, Platinum Blue and Red.

I have no idea which were which as far as difficulty to find. Does anyone know these numbers and am I missing any sets in my list?
    98 Pacific - correct, the two sets you mentioned. The Red was one per special retail pack, and the Plat. Blue was 1 in 73 packs.

98 Paramount had the four parallels. Copper was 1 in every hobby pack. Blue, 1 in 73. Red, 1 per special retail pack. and Silver, 1 per retail.

I don't remember what a 'special' retail pack was.

FYI, a Beckett annual answers all these kinds of sets questions. There is also an Alphabetical Guide for player collectors. Seems like you might benefit from having a copy of each.

Although both are a bit pricey.

i think the red might have been in only wal mart.