Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks for the kind words, all. I'm seriously beyond pissed at this point. He resides in Lancaster, PA btw, lol but I wouldn't want anything irrational done...perhaps a knock on the door or a quick talk with his parents would knock some sense into him.

Agreed, Pee...hope the best for you in your situation. What ebay needs to do is REQUIRE ALL ACCOUNTS TO BE VERIFIED. Meaning in order to buy or sell, you have to have a verified bank account on file, to make sure you are who you are and will be accountable in all circumstances. As it stands now, anyone can open up over 100 new accounts as easily as opening up a yahoo email address. Absolutely joke.

Will keep this thread updated with results, and will be ABSOLUTELY SURE to post up a link to the card if/when it turns up again, just to warn you all. I found out yesterday he has at least one other selling account, so I'm sure it'll be on one of those

http://myworld.ebay.com/iamboxbreaks Nick Jimenez as well, probably planned on doing more group breaks with the money he received from the Cam proceeds

Wow, he lives in Lancaster, that is only about 45 minutes for me.
    Hidden Content
    **Hidden Content **
    Bucket Updated 7/22/14

my question is this . that much money to a person with a little over 81% positive feedback with only 20 something trades says a lot about his service. lousy. good luck on your claim.
    TRAMPLE THE WEAK AND HURDLE THE DEAD!

What exactly is card trimming?
    I Collect in Football Tim Brown, Sebastian Janikowski, Jon Kitna and Stefen Wisniewski
    In Wrestling Mick Foley, Owen Hart and Natalya Neidhart
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    What exactly is card trimming?
    I've never heard of that with sports cards before.

I do know that with this, it appears as though some of the black ink base (the cards are black based with a smaller print area for the player/graphics than normal) got chipped and this d-bag took a sharpie and colored in the chipped area.
    Hidden Content
    Click the image to view my Denver Broncos collection.
    Hidden Content

What i don't understand is, instead of doing that, why not contact the card company? Some people just blow my mind.
    Collecting: Steelers, and Pirates
    Best bet to reach me is by pm. I'm not on here often.

Hidden Content

Your guesses are just as good as mine. Absolutely mind-blowing what goes through the head of some of these people. The card was not trimmed, but rather came out of the pack (I'm guessing) with a severely bum bottom right corner/chipping and he thought it'd be a wise idea to use a normal household black sharpie to try and cover it up.

Finally got my refund in Paypal today...it's very little consolation for all the headache he put me through, but at least Ebay finally delivered.

The hobby is continually getting more and more shady nowadays, and my friend just found out he bought an sp authentic lesean mccoy eagles head jumbo patch that was faked. Disgusting.

Thanks for the kind words, all...just want to keep everyone in the loop from being scammed again! I'm just about 99.9 percent sure it will pop up again somewhere on the internet, be it ebay or a forum, as there is no conceivable way he'd be able to sell that card in-person with how glaring that defect is, unless he'd be willing to risk a severe -kicking

I'm glad to see you got your money back.
    Undercover Pope
    Hidden Content
    BuckHidden Content t
    Hidden Content - Hidden Content SportsCardBlog - FacebHidden Content k
    I ship on Tuesdays & Wednesdays - Hidden Content

The increased number of fakes definitely makes buying cards on ebay more and more of a risk. It feels like every time I search for an autographed card I have to visibly filter out the obvious fakes. Then I have to worry if that awesome patch is legit. It's gotten to the point where I even get nervous when I get a bubble mailer because I know that I have to pull the card out of the case, scrutinize every corner, any autograph, and every patch. I don't even buy autos anymore unless the card specifically says somewhere that it is autographed.

It's a shame what some people are doing to this hobby, and ebay does need to take more steps to prevent it. And while I'm ranting... shill bidding is bull**** too.
    Looking for Kendall Hunter Autos

I send in bubble mailers and expect the same

Bucket - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by CollecterOfBalls View Post
    The increased number of fakes definitely makes buying cards on ebay more and more of a risk. It feels like every time I search for an autographed card I have to visibly filter out the obvious fakes. Then I have to worry if that awesome patch is legit. It's gotten to the point where I even get nervous when I get a bubble mailer because I know that I have to pull the card out of the case, scrutinize every corner, any autograph, and every patch. I don't even buy autos anymore unless the card specifically says somewhere that it is autographed.

It's a shame what some people are doing to this hobby, and ebay does need to take more steps to prevent it. And while I'm ranting... shill bidding is bull**** too.
    This is one of the reasons I don't go after those high end cards, it's just too much of a risk. I collect Contenders autographs (Broncos only) and that's it. Luckily there aren't many, if any fakes on those.

I've always loved getting rare rookies/base/insert cards instead of this over priced, overblown AU/GU cards.
    Last edited by White_Dragon; 10-15-2011 at 01:41 AM.
    Hidden Content
    Click the image to view my Denver Broncos collection.
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast