Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thekidhypno's Items on eBay

A weekend with Gym Class Heroes and the New Orleans Saints!

went for my favorite band on friday, gym class heroes. last time travis mccoy was here, it was the day his solo album dropped. he was a complete ™™™™ then. wouldn't sign photos, gym class hero albums, take photos, and would only sign his solo album which had came out that day. i had it planned my friend would pick me up at 1 and go to the venue and hope we'd be in time for soundcheck. i went to rawlings at about 10:30 and decided to ride by the venue after since it was in the area. i saw the bus already parked out front and called my friend and said get to my house asap. we end up getting there around 12 and about 20 minutes later they decide to bring the bus all the way into the venue. there's 3 spots they can park here. 1 is all the way into the venue (impossible) or in between 2 gates but the artist still needs to walk through a sidewalk or in the parking lot with the public. seeing them pull in we thought we'd be screwed, but they had a trailer hooked to the back which left the bus door outside of the gate. disashi came off and right over to us and signed everything we had. i asked for the pic with and he said "i'll get you later i just woke up and look like ™™™™" lol. travis is next and looks at us through the bus door and came right over to us. he signed everything we had and kept flipping looking for more. he sat there for a good 5 min talking with us, also took pics with us. couldn't believe how nice he was. it was a complete 180 from last year. while he was signing eric and matt went inside. after travis went in they brought out a big screen and blocked the bus from us. we left but i came back later for the show with my fiance. waited out by the bus hoping they might walk around before they went on stage. i ended up getting eric on my photo. he'd only do one, he said he was late for the meet and greet lol. went in for the show (which they were GREAT) and ended up getting the last guy i needed after the show as he came outside to see fans afterwards. dasashi came out and pointed at me and asked "are you ready for the pic now" couldn't believe he stayed true to his word let alone remembering me from hours before lol. if i hadn't gone to rawlings i would have probably had to wait around for the bus to leave and follow haha.

travis 4/4 2 11x14s, 2 albums
    matt 3/3 11x14 , 2 albums
    disashi 3/3 11x14, 2 albums
    eric 1/3 11x14

Spent the weekend doing the Saints. Did hotel on arrival. Got a few linemen and db on a team ball. Brees came back from going out and signed until people took down the barrier and surrounded him. That day was a failure (not to mention the level 5 homicide that took place in the area) Did the Saints post game today and there had to be over 100 people waitig. I got Devery Henderson on the team ball. Brees comes out and goes around the bus looking for someone. After talking with them he signed about 10 and got onto the bus. Security kept saying he's done he passed tsa screening and he can't come off the bus now. About 20 people stayed and waited (I was the only grapher who waited) and sure enough he came off and signed for about 5 minutes. I was able to get a full size, jersey, and 16 done. i got the helmet and 16 done, the mrs got the jersey.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice Brees' and that Pic with you and Travis is hilarious!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thats good about Gym Class Heroes. I'm doing them when they come back to Boston on Monday. Also, great job racking Brees. Thats awesome.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very awesome with Gym Class! I'm going to the show Friday so this was very helpful. Did you happen to see any of The Dirty Heads or Outasight for soundcheck?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saw outasight walking around outside after. Wasn't looking for the dirty heads, sorry.

SCF Rewards
    Country

so they sound checked around 12:30? What time was the show at? And also how long was their set and the ending time? Sorry for all the questions lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, Arrived for soundcheck around 12:30-1. Show started at 7:30 and ended at around 11:30. Good luck guys!

Edit: their set started around 10. You need to check who is headlining. It's a co-headlining tour, not sure who's headlining there.