Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

Technically, our money is unconstitutional. 1.10.1 states "No State shall make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts". Then in the Legal Tender Cases of 1868, Congress was permitted to make paper money that was backed by gold.

Currently our money is backed by nothing. Where is the constitutionality of that?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Technically, our money is unconstitutional. 1.10.1 states "No State shall make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts". Then in the Legal Tender Cases of 1868, Congress was permitted to make paper money that was backed by gold.

Currently our money is backed by nothing. Where is the constitutionality of that?

Strange isn't it?
    Now, Congress doesn't even create money. It's done by a private bank, the Federal Reserve!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

We need to go back to the gold standard. Otherwise the day may come where our money wont be worth the paper that it is printed on.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Kind of funny if you ask me. The govt. makes money which we are required to use for monetary transactions and then they outlaw using it except when they approve it.

For those who may not have gotten the point of this, this is a backdoor gun law. Used guns are bought and sold all over the country in cash transactions with no paper trail other than a bill of sale that usually makes it no higher than a local or state level records keeper. The Fed govt. gets no info on these transactions. This law is an attempt to document where the guns that are being sold at gun shows and pawn shops are going.

Transferred Feedback
    NSCF(1)
    Country

This all boils down to the Governement wanting their "share" and more...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Kind of funny if you ask me. The govt. makes money which we are required to use for monetary transactions and then they outlaw using it except when they approve it.

For those who may not have gotten the point of this, this is a backdoor gun law. Used guns are bought and sold all over the country in cash transactions with no paper trail other than a bill of sale that usually makes it no higher than a local or state level records keeper. The Fed govt. gets no info on these transactions. This law is an attempt to document where the guns that are being sold at gun shows and pawn shops are going.

If it were just for guns I would be ok with it. Just like cars have registrations I have no problems with guns being registred in the same manner. However this is bigger than guns or cars. This is just another way that the gov't can keep tabs on our every move. That is why they will never abolish the federal/state income tax. Why would they give up that much access to our financial records even if it would save millions if not billions of dollars? SMH.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I see it as a law to help them make people be honest about paying taxes. Lots of goods are sold in the secondary market that don't have the proper taxes paid on them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I see it as a law to help them make people be honest about paying taxes. Lots of goods are sold in the secondary market that don't have the proper taxes paid on them.

The taxes were already paid the first time the item was bought/sold. Taxing used items is double taxing.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

just because an item is used or in the secondary market doesn't mean it's no longer taxed. If you buy an item that isn't brand new at an antique mall or something you still pay sales tax on it... or at least the seller is supposed to collect sales tax. When you go to a card show, dealers don't typically collect and report sales tax, but legally they should be.

I actually wasn't speaking about sales tax. I was talking about income tax. If I buy an item and resell it as a vendor I have to pay income tax on that profit I make. If you collect cash you can basically hide that from the government much easier than if you take paypal or check or credit card.

SCF Rewards
    Country

just because an item is used or in the secondary market doesn't mean it's no longer taxed. If you buy an item that isn't brand new at an antique mall or something you still pay sales tax on it... or at least the seller is supposed to collect sales tax. When you go to a card show, dealers don't typically collect and report sales tax, but legally they should be.

I actually wasn't speaking about sales tax. I was talking about income tax. If I buy an item and resell it as a vendor I have to pay income tax on that profit I make. If you collect cash you can basically hide that from the government much easier than if you take paypal or check or credit card.

Yeah I know that double taxing is technically legal but that dosen't mean that it is right. Under the fair tax plan there would be no tax under used items. Again it goes back to the gov't wanting to know your every move at every moment. SMH.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast