Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See greg1126817's Items on eBay

Any other sellers getting ripped by ebay?

I am curious how many people are having the same problem i have. My account has been down graded from power seller and now all my ebay funds are being held by paypal. I have over 400 + feedback, 0 negative and 0 neutral. The reason why my funds are being held is because 2 or possibly 1 person gave me a 1 or 2 for my shipping and handling charges. I charge $2.50 for each card sold and combine shipping for $1 more for added cards. I feel thats a very fair price since half the time i lose money on shipping and handling, after bubble mailers, postage, DC, penny sleve, top loader, team or graded card bag, along with printer ink, paper, and gas to the PO. I always use a bubble mailer even for a card that sold for 0.99 and i have that posted in my listing. I feel if you dont like my shipping fees then dont buy it. Paypal says there is nothing they can do and wont release the funds for 72 hours after it says it was delivered by delivery confirmation. Ebay says thats just the way it is, and nothing they can do about it. So now i have to wait for the people to pay, then ship it out and wait for the PO to deliver, then wait for 3 days for paypal to release my funds, and then another 3 days to get the money into my bank account. But ebay has no problem taking their fees when they are due, and either does paypal. On top of that if i want to ship[ with paypal i have to pull from my bank account to cover shipping until my funds are released. I am very upset about this and am contemplating banning ebay and paypal all together, I have done 10s of thousands of dollars with them buying and selling, and this is how they treat me. Not 1 neg or neutral, and not a ding because item description, shipping time, or communication, which i would be fine with them holding my funds, but its a stupid price that is stated on each listed auction. and an opinion. I can get all my receipts together and prove i am losing money on shipping, but Ebay nor paypal cares. Seems like they are all about the buyer, but if there was no seller then there would be no buyer either. Just a long rant that is really irritating and i am just tired of dealing with these people. Anybody else have these problems or something similar? Anybody have any ideas on what can be done to prevent this, besides what ebay and paypal told me "incorporate the shipping into your listing" there is no way to do that or people would never buy things. would you rather bid on something 0.99 with 2.50 shipping, or an item with free shipping that cost or starts out at 3.49? Personally i like the low price it just looks better and makes you feel like you are getting a deal. Am i wrong about any of this?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

Im not a seller but do sell afew things from time to time and feel like im getting ripped off with all the fees from every angle. Ebay once was a sellers market but defently has changed into a buyers protection program which is excellent for buyers but sad for sellers. I dont like their feedback system. How can you not beable to leave a negative for a buyer who never paid? As for your funds being held, that doesnt make sense because if there is a problem, the buyer has ebay or paypal to file a claim with. Have you tried selling on comc to avoid ebay? I also agree with the lower price looking better compared to the higher one with shipping added in but then again i have limits im willing to pay for something and shipping is always apart of that consideration.
    Last edited by madduxfan31; 10-29-2011 at 09:24 PM.
    TRADING FOR (1) GREG MADDUX (2) HOF GU/AUTOS (3) 2006-2015 A&G RELICS (4) 2008 UD HEROES #D

CLICK HERE FOR - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Im not a seller but do sell afew things from time to time and feel like im getting ripped off with all the fees from every angle. Ebay once was a sellers market but defently has changed into a buyers protection program which is excellent for buyers but sad for sellers. I dont like their feedback system. How can you not beable to leave a negative for a buyer who never paid? As for your funds being held, that doesnt make sense because if there is a problem, the buyer has ebay or paypal to file a claim with. Have you tried selling on comc to avoid ebay? I also agree with the lower price looking better compared to the higher one with shipping added in but then again i have limits im willing to pay for something and shipping is always apart of that consideration.

I havent tried anywhere else yet, but i feel $2.50 is plenty fair for shipping in a bubble mailer. I could see getting dinged if i send in a PWE or something, but its a bubble mailer with proper card protection. I even use team bags instead of taping up the top loader and messing them up. I will never ship in a PWE. 1 too much chance of damage, and 2 there is no DC for PWE deals. I would rather not sell if its not in a bubble mailer. I feel its all about the buyer now, and nobody cares about the seller anymore, not even paypal being a top customer of them. As for the claim, i have never had any claims filed against me for anything, i have had to open about 12 claims for people who didnt pay for their items bought. It just seems like more of a waste to me anymore, and may just quit selling all together :(

Country

COMC is a joke as you gotta pay to cash out your money from sales on top of everything

SCF Rewards
    Country

COMC is a joke as you gotta pay to cash out your money from sales on top of everything

what is COMC? i think i have heard of them, but not sure what exactly it is. Are you saying you have to pay a final sales fee? like ebay? I can probably do consignments at shops and not have to pay as much as ebay, and with Christmas coming up im sure there are people out there who will even pay more than ebay prices for some things. I know shops sell for higher than ebay all the time on certain players or teams for the area. Its just getting old when they make up rules as they go. I was actually told earlier in the week i can call in when the DC shows as delivered and they would release the funds, so i called in today and they said its 72 hours after it shows as delivered. Just starting to be a waste of time anymore. you make money for a company and they screw you any way they can

Country

No you pay to send your cards into this company, they take forever to list your cards 1 by 1, if they sell you pay fees and money is credited into your account to spend on their site. If you want to cash out you have to pay like a $20 fee to get your money

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Bottom9th's Items on eBay

Check Out My Cards (COMC) is well worth what you pay. Sure you pay 20% when you want to cash out but with all the Ebay fees and other BS it's about the same. Plus you don't have to deal with shipping or buyer hassles. I've been doing it for a year and I'm 100% satisfied. Greg if you have any questions about COMC feel free to PM me.

Bob...

Country

That fee alone puts COMC way over eBay fees

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Bottom9th's Items on eBay

Well with paypal and all the other crap you have to deal with COMC is the place I do most of my sales and I'm quite happy with it.

Country

I'd rather keep my cards in my hand and save on fees then pay more and not even have them at will to sell/trade when I like

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast