11-01-2011, 08:26 AM #41
11-01-2011, 09:50 AM #42
11-01-2011, 09:51 AM #43
11-01-2011, 12:05 PM #44
1) Scherzer didn't have a good year this past season, but he had a nice 2010 season, its more about consistency then him as a pitcher.
2) Scherzer was a key reason why the Tigers beat the Yankees in the ALDS. Winning game 2 and building the bridge in game 5 to Benoit/Valverde
3) Austin Jackson is a gold glove caliber center fielder. He's only 24 and under team control for several seasons. One good year one bad year (offensively)
4) There were signs Granderson wasn't planning on resigning with Detroit so they got a nice return for him.
5) Granderson as a Tiger wouldn't be as good as Granderson as a Yankee. His swing was not good, and the Yankees "fixed it"
I would never say any of the players the Tigers got are as good or better than Granderson, however it made them a more complete team. Granderson's defense especially in Commerica Park got really bad sometimes. He makes the flashy plays but Austin Jackson saves runs, Granderson doesn't. Scherzer is 27, if he is more consistent next year he'll have a fine season. Coke had a bad year as a starter, but in the bullpen he does fine in his role. If Schlereth ever gets some fastball control, he'd be a nice piece in the bullpen also.
Now I need to ask you a question. Lets say the trade never happens, do the Tigers make the playoffs in 2011 with just Granderson and no Jackson, Scherzer, Coke, Schlereth?
11-01-2011, 12:13 PM #45
The trade somehow helped out all 3 teams, and I think everyone is pretty happy about it.
11-01-2011, 12:20 PM #46
They may make the playoffs, (although I'm not sure they do, would depend who the other 2 starters are) but they defintly never win a postseason series and get to game 6 of the ALCS, right?
11-01-2011, 12:54 PM #47
11-01-2011, 03:20 PM #48
I agree that it was a trade that helped all 3 teams involved,which is extremely rare in itself,no team came out feeling like a sucker.
More Yankee news they just resigned gm Brian Cashman for 3 more years,have a feeling this is going to be a busy off season,now if only I could see the headlines Alex Rodriguez traded for Evan LONGORIA,ONE CAN DREAM CAN'T ONE.Sorry our Quarterback isn't elite,He only wins Superbowls.
NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS SUPERBOWL XLVI CHAMPIONS Hidden Content
Today the squirrels just aren't listening !!!!!!
11-01-2011, 05:42 PM #49
The Yankees need to get rid of Arod and Jeter to bring younger and productive players into the line up....wait, why do I care. I hate the Yankees....lol
11-01-2011, 05:44 PM #50