Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Anybody Use Pandora? (Rant Alert)

I got an Evo 4G Andriod phone a few months ago and downloaded the Pandora app. All seems good but I am getting irked by it. I created a Metallica "channel" for my phone and it rarely plays Metallica.

I use the thumbs-up/thumbs-down thing to establish what type of songs I like but it seems to ignore that. For example, it was just trying to play Bon Jovi Living on a Prayer...is there some idiot working for Pandora that actually thinks that people who have a Metallica channel will want to hear Bon Jovi on it or is it just an irritating program?

I mean seriously, if I enter "Metallica" in the search box why does it keep playing Bon Jovi, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Poison??!!!!

EDIT: Now it is playing freakin' Eye of the Tiger!!! OMG!!!!!! Where do they get that I want to listen to Survivor when I punched in Metallica!!????!!!!
    Last edited by duane1969; 10-31-2011 at 12:02 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Pandora is a joke anymore. I was in a nineties mood, so I made a Gin Blossoms channel. What was the third song? KESHA. (oops, my bad, Ke$ha). Swing and a miss, Pandora.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i rarely use it but i do think i trained it to make a pretty awesome black sabbath channel. lots of sabbath/ozzy of course, maiden, priest, motorhead, dio, metallica, etc...but it's basically the stuff that's already on my iphone anyway

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I haven't heard a Metallica song on my Metallica channel in about an hour now...lots of Rob Zombie tho (better than Survivor.....and Ke$ha)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

New stuff Metallica did with Lou Reed is pretty awesome.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Somebody at Pandora must read the SCF Chit Chat area LOL. I have been listening to my Metallica channel all morning and heard nothing but Metallica, Disturbed, Rob Zombie, Pantera...finally a channel I can listen to :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Indianapolis Colts Baltimore Orioles

get rid of pandora radio. get slacker radio. much better IMO.