Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Light camera's

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

Red Light camera's

I find that the majority of those who are opposed to them are the ones who fear them due to the fact they they would be the ones getting the tickets for their poor/illegal driving habits. If you are a moral and just driver you would have no opposition as you would have nothing to fear from them and communities could profit from the fines.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

They are mostly in the poor neighborhoods from what I've seen. They're a little to big brother for me. What's next?
    Last edited by sanfran22; 10-31-2011 at 06:50 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See intimadator2007's Items on eBay

Since I do not run red lights they don't bother me . However with it being another sneaky way of the government getting in our pockets is what bothers me . There are several at traffic lights around me and at night it looks like a firework show at those red lights..lol mostly at the no turn on red light , that gets em' every time ..lol.. And most of the cameras at an intersection can zoom right in your lap dam near it .

BANNED

Country

It actually amazes me at how many driver do not know simple rules of driving, or think the rules don't apply to them. Me and the wife we at a stop with a no turn on red light and the loser behind me kept honking his horn expecting me to break the law to convenience him.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It actually amazes me at how many driver do not know simple rules of driving, or think the rules don't apply to them. Me and the wife we at a stop with a no turn on red light and the loser behind me kept honking his horn expecting me to break the law to convenience him.

i agree with you all the goverment want is more money for there selfs. they do nothing for the towns, were is all the money going too???????

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    Detroit Tigers Detroit Red Wings Detroit Lions

My problem with red light cameras are the increase in accidents that happen when they are installed.

BANNED

Country

My problem with red light cameras are the increase in accidents that happen when they are installed.

Because of peoples ignorance not because of the actual lights themselves. If people drove properly and within the law the accidents would not happen

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

i agree with you all the goverment want is more money for there selfs. they do nothing for the towns, were is all the money going too???????

while there are a lot of wasted tax dollars and I'm not sire them taking more, to say that "they do nothing for the towns" is a bit misinformed. There are a lot of everyday things that people use that tax money does provide. As for the specific traffic light cameras, I'd assume they go towards police expenses when I assume most of the traffic fines to towards.

I can see where these cameras can be a benefit and a cost savings. 1. the lights will generate more fines to fund police. 2. the will help promote proper and safe driving because some people need to be fined to change their driving habits. It's probably a very small amount of red light runners who get ticketed. 3. make high traffic areas safer because people will know cameras are there and will obey the law more when they know they could be fined.

While I would be very bummed if I got nabbed by a traffic camera it would be no one's fault but my own. As long as they are just capturing traffic offenders I really don;t see an problem with them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

while there are a lot of wasted tax dollars and I'm not sire them taking more, to say that "they do nothing for the towns" is a bit misinformed. There are a lot of everyday things that people use that tax money does provide. As for the specific traffic light cameras, I'd assume they go towards police expenses when I assume most of the traffic fines to towards.

I can see where these cameras can be a benefit and a cost savings. 1. the lights will generate more fines to fund police. 2. the will help promote proper and safe driving because some people need to be fined to change their driving habits. It's probably a very small amount of red light runners who get ticketed. 3. make high traffic areas safer because people will know cameras are there and will obey the law more when they know they could be fined.

While I would be very bummed if I got nabbed by a traffic camera it would be no one's fault but my own. As long as they are just capturing traffic offenders I really don;t see an problem with them.

Actually, I think the fines go to the electric bill to keep them running.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

The only problem I have with the Cameras is the fact that I drive an ambulance for a living,and do you know how many tickets were sent to our station while rolling thru the red lights with due precaution,hundreds in a month.I also find that alot of people that are running these lights that have the cameras are also intoxicated drivers,in their minds so what they got a ticket in the mail for however much the fine in your state is,at least they didn't get pulled over by a policeman and spend the night in jail and pay a heckuva lot more in court costs.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast