Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Those who sit on their butts in front of a computer 24/7 nagging people for a low deal on a lot only to turn around and sell them for 150% what they bought them for, all while being rude when somebody asks for a lower price.

just now that not everyone that buy and resell are these types of buyers. Sure there are buyers that do this, but there are plenty of buyers who are fair. My experience is that what some people deem unfair prices there are just as many that are perfectly happy with it. It's all relative to an individuals mind frame about what they are selling.

Transferred Feedback
    NSCF(1)
    Country

Forgot to add, Fake GU...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers

I am sick of the baseball vintage prices plummiting down. I think I'll stick to hockey or better yet give my cards to my son. I hope some day soon the vintage baseball cards will go up.
    I bought a 1977 Topps Andre Dawson exactly one year age. The card is Graded 8 for $50. Do you think the card will go up. NO! Today, the card is worth $20.
    I am fetup.
    THe next thing you know you buy something for $100. the next day the card would be worth $1.00. I am keeping money. Ya Right. THe hobby is not fun anymore.
    I agree with Hawiian Bam Bam.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (89)
    Country
    Cincinnati Bengals New York Rangers NULL

The Lottery Mentality.
    It's cardboard, not gold. So please get over it and just enjoy - the way a hobby is supposed to be.

Equating pre-war condition multipliers for modern fresh-out-of-the-pack cards.
    Just no.

Self-proclaimed Supercollectors.
    They have a few cards but not all or even close to half of what has been produced of that player. Sorry, but $100 in your pocket doesn't make you a millionaire. Maybe in a 3rd world country, but not here. So why is this Supercollector title so important? If you are not complete without it, how could you be complete with it?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yanksrule335's Items on eBay

People who say they want to make a trade but then want you to make a offer, kind of annoying to me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

people who buy to resell may infuriate you, but they serve a purpose in the hobby. They buy cards from collectors who no longer need or want them and sell them to people who do want them. most people who buy and sell are also collectors to some degree. I get that some are annoying but i see a benefit to them. If collectors didn't have people to sell unwanted stuff to they wouldn't get money funds to buy new stuff and a lot of product that people ate looking for would go unseen and unavailable for purchase.

This doesn't make sense to me- if somebody wants a card and somebody else has it, why go through a middleman? All that is doing is giving the middleman money, and taking away from a profit the original guy with the card could have had. At least that is my line of reasoning.

SCF Rewards
    Country

just now that not everyone that buy and resell are these types of buyers. Sure there are buyers that do this, but there are plenty of buyers who are fair. My experience is that what some people deem unfair prices there are just as many that are perfectly happy with it. It's all relative to an individuals mind frame about what they are selling.

Yes- there are plenty of buyers who are nice- and most of them keep the card, instead of turning around and selling it for a profit.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (89)
    Country

The Scale Tipper - "Looking to trade for high-end cards. I will trade in your favor by bulking up my end with whozits and hasbeens for your superstar."

The Princess - "Looking to buy what is in high demand and the most popular. But I want it for free. So come to me with your offers, my royal subjects."

The Flava Flav - "WTB whoever is the hot rookie is this week." These guys have no allegiance to a team or player. They only know what's hot from week to week. And in the end they will dump the hot player once he goes cold for the next hottie. (See Scale Tipper)

Some like to grab cards for resale - the Flippers. That doesn't bother me. That is just another aspect of the hobby. I am more inclined to help those who are hardcore collectors, whether they be a supercollector, an average collector or new to the hobby - hardcore (for keeps) collecting is what matters to me most no matter what the level.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (89)
    Country

People who say they want to make a trade but then want you to make a offer, kind of annoying to me.

Got any of your Votto cards for trade? Make me an offer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Scale Tipper - "Looking to trade for high-end cards. I will trade in your favor by bulking up my end with whozits and hasbeens for your superstar."

The Princess - "Looking to buy what is in high demand and the most popular. But I want it for free. So come to me with your offers, my royal subjects."

The Flava Flav - "WTB whoever is the hot rookie is this week." These guys have no allegiance to a team or player. They only know what's hot from week to week. And in the end they will dump the hot player once he goes cold for the next hottie. (See Scale Tipper)

Some like to grab cards for resale - the Flippers. That doesn't bother me. That is just another aspect of the hobby. I am more inclined to help those who are hardcore collectors, whether they be a supercollector, an average collector or new to the hobby - hardcore (for keeps) collecting is what matters to me most no matter what the level.

Did you come up with those yourself? Because they are awesome.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast