Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61
  1. #1



    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,357
    Country
    Card Cash
    661.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    1
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (29)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta

    Mississippi abortion bill

    Hey, not sure if this has been brought up or not before but I was wondering what peoples opinions might be on this.

    http://rt.com/usa/news/abortion-miss...state-law-759/
    I am looking for Don Mattingly cards.

    Also looking for Bill Murray minor league cards.
    My Bucket
    -All GU and auto folders in alphabetical order. MY PC IS NOT FOR TRADE!
    Hidden Content

  2. #2
    If this sems a little frazzled its because I have been up for almost 24 hours, will make more sense of my thoughts when i wake up.

    Where is it going to stop, Pretty soon every time a male receives some sort of self pleasure where the sperm doesn't end up impregnating someone are they going to face mass murder charges? or every month a woman doesnt use her egg for fertilization will she face the same? How about this fact; if your a sexually active female at some point your body will prob naturally abort a fetus, most times it will be so early in the pregnancy it would never be really realized, do these woman face the same punishment. Its totally just crazy. All these self righteous idiots just need to go away....

  3. #3
    My only problem with the "when life begins" issue is this. If a pregnant woman has an abortion it is totally legal and she will face no repercussions for it. If I assault that same pregnant woman and cause her baby to die, in nearly every state in this country I would be charged with murdering her unborn child. How is that possible?

    When life begins needs to be defined because the laws contradict themselves. How can you be charged for murdering an unborn fetus when the law says it doesn't even have the right to life until it is born?

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  4. #4
    I caught a glimpse of the law on my mobile web on the way to work but I don't know too much about the bill to make an informed opinion. However my opionion on abortion as a whole is that it is immoral and wrong to kill an innocent, defensless, unborn child. However it is even more immoral and wrong not to properly educate our citizens about sex, its consequences and how to avoid unwanted pregnancies as well as it is wrong to deny people who are sexually active access to contraceptives. The religious right claims that they are looking out for the unborn by being against abortion. On the surface that sounds like a good idea but we all know that they have an agenda. However the religious right has absloutely no right to stop people, especially consenting adults from having access to avoid getting pregnant in the first place let alone stopping then from getting protection to avoid sexually transmitted diseases. If the religious right is so much in favor of the rights of innocent babies they need to do more to help out families with children, especially young unwed mothers who decided not to have an abortion either by choice or because they had no access birth control.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    My only problem with the "when life begins" issue is this. If a pregnant woman has an abortion it is totally legal and she will face no repercussions for it. If I assault that same pregnant woman and cause her baby to die, in nearly every state in this country I would be charged with murdering her unborn child. How is that possible?

    When life begins needs to be defined because the laws contradict themselves. How can you be charged for murdering an unborn fetus when the law says it doesn't even have the right to life until it is born?
    Duane I think that is set by the states...and each state is different
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMan1978 View Post
    Duane I think that is set by the states...and each state is different
    Yeah that is why I said nearly every state.

    Ironically, the most abortions are performed in California and California was one of the first states to implement a Fetal Murder Law.

    So apparently, in California, if the mother wants the baby then it is a living human and protected by the law, but if the mother doesn't want the baby then it is medical waste and killing it is protected by law.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    My only problem with the "when life begins" issue is this. If a pregnant woman has an abortion it is totally legal and she will face no repercussions for it. If I assault that same pregnant woman and cause her baby to die, in nearly every state in this country I would be charged with murdering her unborn child. How is that possible?

    When life begins needs to be defined because the laws contradict themselves. How can you be charged for murdering an unborn fetus when the law says it doesn't even have the right to life until it is born?
    I see the difference in these two scenarios. It's because it's not the attackers right to choose and is the mother's legally. I see what you are saying as far as when life starts, but I can see a difference.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by theonedru View Post
    If this sems a little frazzled its because I have been up for almost 24 hours, will make more sense of my thoughts when i wake up.

    Where is it going to stop, Pretty soon every time a male receives some sort of self pleasure where the sperm doesn't end up impregnating someone are they going to face mass murder charges? or every month a woman doesnt use her egg for fertilization will she face the same? How about this fact; if your a sexually active female at some point your body will prob naturally abort a fetus, most times it will be so early in the pregnancy it would never be really realized, do these woman face the same punishment. Its totally just crazy. All these self righteous idiots just need to go away....
    very good points. I think the "waste" of the two products used to create the fetus is different than the actual fetus, but see where you are coming from. To me I have an issue with everyday citizens voting on this. Who knows where people get their opinions formed on topics such as this. Even if it passes with a majority vote there's no way the supreme court doesn't make the final decision.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Cards View Post
    I see the difference in these two scenarios. It's because it's not the attackers right to choose and is the mother's legally. I see what you are saying as far as when life starts, but I can see a difference.
    Mother's choice does not decide when life statrts tho. That was my point in my last post.

    Consider this scenario:

    A pregnant woman wakes up and decides she is having an abortion today. On the drive to the clinic she has a change of heart. Seconds later she is car-jacked and her baby is killed during the car-jacking. Is it murder because seconds earlier the mother changed her mind? If she hadn't changed her mind and still wanted the abortion would that make it not a murder?

    Life does not start and stop based on the whims of an undecided mother.

    "If life does not start until birth then life can not be taken before birth occurs." This is the argument applied by the pro-choice side. It applies regardless of how the life is taken.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    Mother's choice does not decide when life statrts tho. That was my point in my last post.

    Consider this scenario:

    A pregnant woman wakes up and decides she is having an abortion today. On the drive to the clinic she has a change of heart. Seconds later she is car-jacked and her baby is killed during the car-jacking. Is it murder because seconds earlier the mother changed her mind? If she hadn't changed her mind and still wanted the abortion would that make it not a murder?

    Life does not start and stop based on the whims of an undecided mother.

    "If life does not start until birth then life can not be taken before birth occurs." This is the argument applied by the pro-choice side. It applies regardless of how the life is taken.
    I agree.

    Life also does not start and stop based on the circumstances of the conception.
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •