Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (29)
    Country
    New York Jets New York Yankees
    See pspstatus's Items on eBay

Mississippi abortion bill

Hey, not sure if this has been brought up or not before but I was wondering what peoples opinions might be on this.

http://rt.com/usa/news/abortion-miss...state-law-759/

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

If this sems a little frazzled its because I have been up for almost 24 hours, will make more sense of my thoughts when i wake up.

Where is it going to stop, Pretty soon every time a male receives some sort of self pleasure where the sperm doesn't end up impregnating someone are they going to face mass murder charges? or every month a woman doesnt use her egg for fertilization will she face the same? How about this fact; if your a sexually active female at some point your body will prob naturally abort a fetus, most times it will be so early in the pregnancy it would never be really realized, do these woman face the same punishment. Its totally just crazy. All these self righteous idiots just need to go away....

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

My only problem with the "when life begins" issue is this. If a pregnant woman has an abortion it is totally legal and she will face no repercussions for it. If I assault that same pregnant woman and cause her baby to die, in nearly every state in this country I would be charged with murdering her unborn child. How is that possible?

When life begins needs to be defined because the laws contradict themselves. How can you be charged for murdering an unborn fetus when the law says it doesn't even have the right to life until it is born?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I caught a glimpse of the law on my mobile web on the way to work but I don't know too much about the bill to make an informed opinion. However my opionion on abortion as a whole is that it is immoral and wrong to kill an innocent, defensless, unborn child. However it is even more immoral and wrong not to properly educate our citizens about sex, its consequences and how to avoid unwanted pregnancies as well as it is wrong to deny people who are sexually active access to contraceptives. The religious right claims that they are looking out for the unborn by being against abortion. On the surface that sounds like a good idea but we all know that they have an agenda. However the religious right has absloutely no right to stop people, especially consenting adults from having access to avoid getting pregnant in the first place let alone stopping then from getting protection to avoid sexually transmitted diseases. If the religious right is so much in favor of the rights of innocent babies they need to do more to help out families with children, especially young unwed mothers who decided not to have an abortion either by choice or because they had no access birth control.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

My only problem with the "when life begins" issue is this. If a pregnant woman has an abortion it is totally legal and she will face no repercussions for it. If I assault that same pregnant woman and cause her baby to die, in nearly every state in this country I would be charged with murdering her unborn child. How is that possible?

When life begins needs to be defined because the laws contradict themselves. How can you be charged for murdering an unborn fetus when the law says it doesn't even have the right to life until it is born?

Duane I think that is set by the states...and each state is different

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Duane I think that is set by the states...and each state is different

Yeah that is why I said nearly every state.

Ironically, the most abortions are performed in California and California was one of the first states to implement a Fetal Murder Law.

So apparently, in California, if the mother wants the baby then it is a living human and protected by the law, but if the mother doesn't want the baby then it is medical waste and killing it is protected by law.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I see the difference in these two scenarios. It's because it's not the attackers right to choose and is the mother's legally. I see what you are saying as far as when life starts, but I can see a difference.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

If this sems a little frazzled its because I have been up for almost 24 hours, will make more sense of my thoughts when i wake up.

Where is it going to stop, Pretty soon every time a male receives some sort of self pleasure where the sperm doesn't end up impregnating someone are they going to face mass murder charges? or every month a woman doesnt use her egg for fertilization will she face the same? How about this fact; if your a sexually active female at some point your body will prob naturally abort a fetus, most times it will be so early in the pregnancy it would never be really realized, do these woman face the same punishment. Its totally just crazy. All these self righteous idiots just need to go away....

very good points. I think the "waste" of the two products used to create the fetus is different than the actual fetus, but see where you are coming from. To me I have an issue with everyday citizens voting on this. Who knows where people get their opinions formed on topics such as this. Even if it passes with a majority vote there's no way the supreme court doesn't make the final decision.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I see the difference in these two scenarios. It's because it's not the attackers right to choose and is the mother's legally. I see what you are saying as far as when life starts, but I can see a difference.

Mother's choice does not decide when life statrts tho. That was my point in my last post.

Consider this scenario:

A pregnant woman wakes up and decides she is having an abortion today. On the drive to the clinic she has a change of heart. Seconds later she is car-jacked and her baby is killed during the car-jacking. Is it murder because seconds earlier the mother changed her mind? If she hadn't changed her mind and still wanted the abortion would that make it not a murder?

Life does not start and stop based on the whims of an undecided mother.

"If life does not start until birth then life can not be taken before birth occurs." This is the argument applied by the pro-choice side. It applies regardless of how the life is taken.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Mother's choice does not decide when life statrts tho. That was my point in my last post.

Consider this scenario:

A pregnant woman wakes up and decides she is having an abortion today. On the drive to the clinic she has a change of heart. Seconds later she is car-jacked and her baby is killed during the car-jacking. Is it murder because seconds earlier the mother changed her mind? If she hadn't changed her mind and still wanted the abortion would that make it not a murder?

Life does not start and stop based on the whims of an undecided mother.

"If life does not start until birth then life can not be taken before birth occurs." This is the argument applied by the pro-choice side. It applies regardless of how the life is taken.

I agree.

Life also does not start and stop based on the circumstances of the conception.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast