Adding Entire Sets to Your Inventory

1. At the top left of SCF, click on "Inventory Manager".

2. This will bring you to a search screen where you can add cards to your inventory. On the right side, click Search Card Sets.

You will be taken to a set search screen.

Fill in the Set Name, select the Sport and fill in the Year. Then click Search. For example, I'll search for 2001 Topps Football.

Then select the set from the list. In my example, I'll select 2001 Topps:

Next you will see several options at the top of a full checklist.

From the Action drop down list select Set Quantity to 1 Minimum.

You will see this screen for a few seconds.

The new screen will show all of the cards in the set with a quantity of 1. You will also notice at the top that all of the cards are in your inventory and at the bottom a list of all the cards in your inventory to include how many are duplicates.

Thant's it, enjoy adding full sets to your inventory!

Thanks, this was very useful. What if I need to add two sets? I tried just doing the same again, but I'm still at one each.

Thanks!
    Collecting Andrew Shaw (61/93 cards {including 1/1s} listed in SCF inventory as of 6/23/14) ; Jedd Gyorko in WVU uniform; Josh Judy (baseball), Bruce Irvin (football) and any former WVU Mountaineers in their WVU uniforms. You can follow me on twitter @kin_BGS
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBean17 View Post
    Thanks, this was very useful. What if I need to add two sets? I tried just doing the same again, but I'm still at one each.

Thanks!
    If you have all cards of a set, click on the check box on the top right column in the header and it will select all cards and then you can select the action to edit all these cards from the combobox that list multiple action. Then you can edit the quantity of each cards and put what you want and then save the changes. Work a bit like on a excell sheet.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this way doesn't insert this as a complete set, just as one of every card in the set. The problem with this is that if someone is searching for one player in the set it will come up in their search that you have one. And when I do a search for trade it comes up that I have that player for trade and it doesn't say "yeah, but it's part of a set". There should be a different way of searching or indicating that the card is part of a set, especially since frequently after doing all the hard work of putting together a set one might want to sell or trade this as a complete set, otherwise why do it?
    Best scenario would be that the card shows up as in someone's inventory but highlighted or asterisked as being part of a set. Second best scenario would be that the individual cards don't show up in searches at all, just the complete set does.

Maintaining a set list part of your PC can be done in a excell sheet and does not need to be entered into a inventory. You can enter it only if you are tracking a set not complete and remove it once completed. But that is how it's coded.
    Hidden Content

How do you add a card that DOESN"T come up when searched for, I tried to add a 2006 UD C Patterson GU card to my inventory and it didn't show up. tx bob

Probably because the word use in the search did not match the words we use. For instance UD is most of the time entered as Upper Deck and very rarely UD. A simple mistake in a name can prevent the result to show. Often the best way is to minimise the value used like the year, player last name, maybe try the card number and select memorabilia if it is one. then you can try removing the card number. A other way is to search card sets instead of cards. Make finding the right cardset easier and then you get the full list and how we entered the card set.

For instence make sure to select baseball. Then C Patterson will fail, you need to use the full name of the player or maybe just the last name to help find the card.

I beleive it the second card from this result:
    http://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/i...archleagueid/0
    Hidden Content