Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Criminal poses as illegal immigrant to avoid jail time

http://news.yahoo.com/utah-man-jaime...161114047.html

An American citizen from Utah man who preferred deportation to jail pretended to be an illegal immigrant when he was charged with a drug offense, according to law-enforcement officials.

Jaime Alvarado, 27, of Salt Lake City, was deported to Mexico under an assumed name and identity rather than being sentenced to jail, but now his lie may be catching up with him.

Alvarado was arrested last year on a second-degree felony charge of possessing cocaine and heroin with intent to distribute, according to court records. Facing as much as 15 years in prison, he pleaded guilty and gave an alias, Saul Quiroz, and a fake birth date, and said he was an illegal immigrant. He was deported to Mexico.

But he returned to the U.S. in April 2010 using his valid U.S. passport, Stott said. He was re-arrested in Salt Lake City in February and turned over to immigration authorities.

Appearing in court that month, Alvarado revealed his true identity.

"He admitted he had created a false name in order to avoid a lengthy prison term," Stott said.

In a letter to the judge at the time, Alvarado asked for leniency.

"I know I made a poor choice by lying to you guys a year ago. I was afraid to go to prison," he wrote.

"I have a good job right now, a lot of little girls waiting for me and a family that will support me," he added. "It's my first offense and my last. I want to spend the rest of my life with my kids."

Another letter, from his fiancee, Anelia Carballo, said Alvarado had done "a 360-degree turnaround" and was a loving father to their daughter together and her other four girls.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Transferred Feedback
    NSCF(1)
    Country

Ya, i'll stay away from this one...

SCF Rewards
    Country

360-degree turnaround, huh?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Easy fix. Either as Jaime Alvarado he stands trial for his crimes (since no deal exist with his name on it), or as Saul Quiroz he returns to Mexico and stays there forever.

The kids issue is irrelevant. He is a criminal who avoided prosecution. I feel sorry for his kids but that is his fault, not the legal systems. He needs to man-up and face the fire for his crimes or pack his bags and move back "home".