Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

Government Intervention

Just wanted to continue conversation from a closed thread...

Hilfiger1975 said this

But if we the people allow them to make it law to drug test welfare people is it gonna stop there? I think it's just another way for the government to get more control over the people one way or another...just my two pennies...here's a PRIME example i HAVE to wear a seat belt in my own car or i'll get a ticket...tell me honestly that is not controlling people...it's not like smoking where it's hurting people around you...just another way for the government to control ITS people...

This was posted in reference to drug testing walfare recipients....

Here is where the difference is for me.... I do get drug tested... It is a requirement of the firm I work for to recieved random drug tests. To keep my job, it isnt hard, I just cant smoke weed. How should that be any different from drug testing the population of people living off the government? Government officials in some positions get random drug tests to get the same money! Not only that but on welfare the government does have control of you... You hand in bank statements to them, Can only keep a small amount of money in your possesion, and generally live in housing under their control.... Not always but a large portion of people on Welfare (at least where I live) do. Generally you turn in copies of bills and receipts and they keep pretty good track of your larger possesions.

The seat belt thing I agree with you on... It is a money maker plain and simple. I get there is data from the insurance companies that say the general population will save money if seat belts are worn but like you said, cigs arent illegal and they do a whole lot more damage but the govt makes a ton of them as well. One part I will say though I agree with kids having to be put in approved seats/booster seats. Kids under the age of 6 or so cant defend themselves against idiot parents.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I am not totally against the idea, but I have a couple of questions:

I assume your company pays for your drug testing, who pays to drug test welfare recipients?

What happens to the innocent kids that have their parent(s) suddenly cut off from benefits?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

I am not totally against the idea, but I have a couple of questions:

I assume your company pays for your drug testing, who pays to drug test welfare recipients?

What happens to the innocent kids that have their parent(s) suddenly cut off from benefits?

My company does pay for the drug tests... I would assume they have ran a costs analysist and have concluded this up front fee would cost them in the long run. As far as the innocent kids.... Do you think they are better off in a home where drugs could be abused? What happens to the kids now whos parents get caught with drugs or other issues? Im not even really for a one strike your out policy though. I would support more of a cutback. Obviously if you have enough money to buy weed to smoke you have more than you need. I would also say there would be a process to getting reinstated that would include things such as drug rehab or job training or some other methods like they use in courts now.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

If your living on government assistance, with them paying all the facets for you to exist, why should they not be able to delve into your lifestyle and say what you can and cannot do with these FREE government funds? If you don't want them harking on you about stuff liek that then get off welfare and get a job, problem solved.... maybe they should make you volunteer a mandatory 40 hours a week to get your $

As for the silly seat belt argument

" i HAVE to wear a seat belt in my own car or i'll get a ticket.. "

Seriously if you don't know why you have to wear a seat belt when your in a car you should not be in a car and it has nothing to do with being a cash cow... Seriously people if your going to throw garbage facts like that around how do you expect people to take you seriously.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

People on government assitance take that money and buy drugs, I don't think its a stereotype. Not EVERYONE does that, but i'd be willing to bet between 40-60% do it.

However, people shouldn't do drugs or drink regardless. I don't care that its from its plant or whatever, it impairs you and you can put your life or more important, another persons life at risk if you get into a car impaired.

As for the "I have to wear a seatbelt or I get a ticket". Don't wear a seatbelt then, I hope you don't get in a car wreck though...I mean honestly, that is just ignorant.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Transferred Feedback
    NSCF(1)
    Country

If your living on government assistance, with them paying all the facets for you to exist, why should they not be able to delve into your lifestyle and say what you can and cannot do with these FREE government funds? If you don't want them harking on you about stuff liek that then get off welfare and get a job, problem solved.... maybe they should make you volunteer a mandatory 40 hours a week to get your $

As for the silly seat belt argument

" i HAVE to wear a seat belt in my own car or i'll get a ticket.. "

Seriously if you don't know why you have to wear a seat belt when your in a car you should not be in a car and it has nothing to do with being a cash cow... Seriously people if your going to throw garbage facts like that around how do you expect people to take you seriously.

Ya, because interwebz opinions are serious business...

Transferred Feedback
    NSCF(1)
    Country

People on government assitance take that money and buy drugs, I don't think its a stereotype. Not EVERYONE does that, but i'd be willing to bet between 40-60% do it.

However, people shouldn't do drugs or drink regardless. I don't care that its from its plant or whatever, it impairs you and you can put your life or more important, another persons life at risk if you get into a car impaired.

As for the "I have to wear a seatbelt or I get a ticket". Don't wear a seatbelt then, I hope you don't get in a car wreck though...I mean honestly, that is just ignorant.

I agree, passing judgement is VERY ignorant...let's just hope you never j-walk in your life, because a honest citizen might be hoping you get ran over by a car and pass judgement just like you...
    Last edited by Hilfiger1975; 11-17-2011 at 11:04 PM.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree, passing judgement is VERY ignorant...

You continue to make no sense in your reponses to me...

Dont wear a seatbelt, I don't care, you wear a seatbelt for safety, if you want to risk your life, thats your business.

Transferred Feedback
    NSCF(1)
    Country

You continue to make no sense in your reponses to me...

Dont wear a seatbelt, I don't care, you wear a seatbelt for safety, if you want to risk your life, thats your business.

I'm making sense you just can't comprehend what i'm saying...do you honestly think i care about your opinion i was taking about the government not you...

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm making sense you just can't comprehend what i'm saying...do you honestly think i care about your opinion i was taking about the government not you...

Everyone can see the same thing i'm seeing right now. Do what you have to do, slugger.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast