Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Fannie Mae asking the federal government for $7.8 billion in aid

http://news.yahoo.com/fannie-mae-los...221752510.html

Mortgage giant Fannie Mae is asking the federal government for $7.8 billion in aid to cover its losses in the July-September quarter.

The government-controlled company said Tuesday that it lost $7.6 billion in the third quarter. Low mortgage rates reduced profits and declining home prices caused more defaults on loans it had guaranteed.

The government rescued Fannie Mae and sibling company Freddie Mac in September 2008 to cover their losses on soured mortgage loans. Since then, a federal regulator has controlled their financial decisions.

Taxpayers have spent about $169 billion to rescue Fannie and Freddie, the most expensive bailout of the 2008 financial crisis. The government estimates that figure could reach up $220 billion to support the companies through 2014 after subtracting dividend payments.

Fannie has received $112.6 billion so far from the Treasury Department, the most expensive bailout of a single company.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Transferred Feedback
    NSCF(1)
    Country

I guess better them than a foreign country...

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

When a company amasses that much in loss and needs that much to stay afloat then its best to just let them go under. We will survive.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See freethrowtommy's Items on eBay

When a company amasses that much in loss and needs that much to stay afloat then its best to just let them go under. We will survive.

Agreed! If the government doesn't tell them to get bent, that's crap.

I am sick of the socialized losses and privatized gains. You can bet if they had a surplus, the wouldn't be giving out interest free loans (or even low interest loans).

Let them fail.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See intimadator2007's Items on eBay

Plus they are wanting 12 million in bonuses for the people who run these failed instituions .

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It is kind of hard to comprehend the logic in giving bonuses to a CEO and executives who have overseen a company/corporation that had nearly $8 billion in losses in a single fiscal quarter.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (29)
    Country
    New York Jets New York Yankees
    See pspstatus's Items on eBay

Maybe if we let these companies fail they will start doing more honest business. I say let Fannie and Freddie both wither away.
    I am looking for Don Mattingly cards that I don't have.

[B]Also looking for Bill Murray minor league cards.[U]

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ...'s Items on eBay

Yeah, we'll see them go under any day now...... because politicians will let that happen.

The two entities spent over $170 million on political and lobbying operations in a 10-year period leading up to the financial crisis of 2008 when both were seized by the government as they teetered on the brink of failure, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7AG1S420111118

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    blowout(135)
    Country

Yeah, we'll see them go under any day now...... because politicians will let that happen.

The two entities spent over $170 million on political and lobbying operations in a 10-year period leading up to the financial crisis of 2008 when both were seized by the government as they teetered on the brink of failure, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7AG1S420111118

It's a different day in age... slowly but surely, it's starting to come around. Banks backtracking on their decisions to charge $5 a month in debit fees because of massive customer losses, and the fact that Ron Paul is a frontrunner is the most obvious sign that people are starting to care.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It's a different day in age... slowly but surely, it's starting to come around. Banks backtracking on their decisions to charge $5 a month in debit fees because of massive customer losses, and the fact that Ron Paul is a frontrunner is the most obvious sign that people are starting to care.

You had me at $5, you lost me saying Ron Paul is a front runner...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast